THEE only gun you'd never part with

Kenny Jarrett "beanfield" rifle in 280 AI. I bought it in 1989 when I didn't really have the money for such a premium rifle. Still has the Schmidt & Bender 6x42 that came with it. With it I have shot everything from coyotes to elk. Shoots 140 gr Nosler BT's, and more recently, 150 gr Barnes TTSX's into tiny groups. Cold bore shots hit consistently where my practice groups cluster. It maintains exceptional accuracy, even when I neglect to clean it.

To paraphrase an old saying, "When the world wearies, and society ceases to satisfy, there is always my Jarrett."

Rifles, shotguns, and pistols have come and gone, but my prized 280 has stayed with me. I have instructed my family that it is to be buried with me so that I will be well armed in the hereafter, but I suspect one of my sons will get it!

A couple for me, Fabrique Nationale Presentation grade 270 my Dad bought in about 1975. One fine well balanced and accurate rifle. He hunted with it most of my life. Winchester Model 70 270 that my Dad gave me about that same time. Both have killed many many Trans-Pecos mulies and East Tx white tails. They are both in my safe now and outfitted exactly as they were when he/I quit using them in 2002, the year my Dad passed away I retired them. Those two will be here as long as I am.
Anybody wonder why I am/always will be a 270 man?

My Model 7MS .257 Roberts out of the old Custom Shop in Ilion, NY.

Attachments

• 9EC708DD-0978-40AA-A897-896A21B38184.jpeg
    9EC708DD-0978-40AA-A897-896A21B38184.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Pre 64 .270 It was my great uncle who served in the military. He passed away before I could meet him. He trained in the Rockies on a high altitude training for a year, preparing for war. A second rifle would be my 300 RUM that my Dad built for me. We've killed a lot of elk and deer with it together and it is my never leave home without it, kind of thing. Dad killed his biggest bull with it and so have I. I have a couple others that I would send off for custom work, but these two will only have barrels changed.

Sorry I have 2. First one is an octagon barrel 25-35. Was my grandpa then my dad. Second is a 300 win mag, it's built on a 98 action that my dad had modernized, then had a barrel installed and then he made the stock out of a piece of maple that my uncle gave him. My son will get them and I hope he understands what they mean.

There is 3 guns my dad just gave me a 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk 357mag the very first hand gun he bought used by the way and we shot a ton of rounds threw it. My first brand new rifle was the millennium run 264 win mag model 70 control round feed. Belgian Browning A5 12 gauge with my grandfather's

My PWS built M40a1 / Unertl 7.62 NATO. Has real MCMillan Smear M40a1 return stock, real Unertl Scope Base, CMP non-mod Unertl 10x with Hart barrel on a 6 digit R700 receiver. Built by a USMC 2112 at PWS in Quantico. Spent a lot of time on one of these in the late 90's, early 2000's and what I went though school with. It'll be rifle that gets handed down to my kiddo when I'm gone. @Shane Lindsey gets it.

View attachment 441388

View attachment 441389
Lucky sob. I saw a couple guys leave with m40a5's while I was over there. Wasn't around ssis long enough to be that lucky.