THEE only gun you'd never part with

Pre 64 300 Win Mag. It was my dads. I have been shooting it some over the past few years. It will likely be going on this years hunt. It will be the first hunt I have taken it on, but it was on my dads shoulder for every hunt I went on with him even before I was old enough to hunt.

My dad got it from a pawn shop in the 80's, I think (he's no longer with us so I can't ask exactly when). It's still in great shape. I realize it has appeal for keeping as a collector item, but dad would have wanted one of his boys to enjoy it and use it!

my 20 gauge I got for Christmas when I was like 12.

Killed 2 8points and a 6 with that growing up

Everything I have personally purchased could be sold at any time. Though i would hate to sell my garand as they are few and far between now

My PWS built M40a1 / Unertl 7.62 NATO. Has real MCMillan Smear M40a1 return stock, real Unertl Scope Base, CMP non-mod Unertl 10x with Hart barrel on a 6 digit R700 receiver. Built by a USMC 2112 at PWS in Quantico. Spent a lot of time on one of these in the late 90's, early 2000's and what I went though school with. It'll be rifle that gets handed down to my kiddo when I'm gone. @Shane Lindsey gets it.

552105A9-163E-414D-B28E-08E60E1400EE.jpeg

F5B883C8-D157-48EE-9E6F-1A650B1F2CFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine? My first real gun a Winchester youth single shot 410 at 8yoa. First gun, first hunting kill, and my dad bought it from a life long buddy running his gun store out of the basement garage in his state supplied housing after work, on weekends, and yes even when he was at work!!

What's the one gun in your stable you'd never part ways with? Family heirloom, first build, killed your personal best, won competitions, most accurate etc. What's your number one ? What's it chambered in and what's it mean to you?
This is like asking which kid would you give up, no way i could pick just one. Can we start with 12?

"Till Death Do Us Part"…..I worked to hard (a poor boy with family) to slowly accumulate! I'm even concerned that once inherited….my family will not appreciate them or what it took to acquire them! They'll probably trade a $1500 rifle for a used lawn mower! 🤮 memtb
I put mine in a ffl a&d book and have the story to each of them in comments. Is something happens to me at least they will know what they are getting rid of or possibly give it back to relatives of ones who gave to me.
And seriously pick ONE????? How is that even remotely possible 😂😂😂

What's the one gun in your stable you'd never part ways with? Family heirloom, first build, killed your personal best, won competitions, most accurate etc. What's your number one ? What's it chambered in and what's it mean to you?
Every gun can have a price tag on it you just might not like my price. but I do have one that is sentimental and it's not expensive at all it's a JC Stevens double barrel 12 gauge made in 1907 from my grandfather the first real gun I shot after a BB gun.

This is a hard one. I guess when it would come down to having to choose one, it would be my dad's 264 mag Sako he bought new in 1963. The memories of him carrying that is etched into my brain. Next would be the 700 adl 243 and the 870 20ga. He gave me when I was 11. Any of those would be hard to pry from my hands.