What gun did you want that was never made ?

Always thought Winchester should have made a .22WSM based on the same case as the .17wsm rimfire. For a few reasons. But a big
Part of it would be about designing a firearm that avoids some of the idiotic gun laws here in Canada but also in some more restrictive states at this point. Canada has no magazine capacity restrictions on rimfire rifles UNLESS the magazine can also be used in a pistol in which case 10 rounds is the limit. There's also no restriction on barrel length for rimfires SO LONG as the overall length of the firearm is greater than 26 inches.

So that's a VERY specific niche gun I want in a cartridge that doesn't exist. A .22wsm rimfire carbine just a hair over 26 inches long with a 30 round magazine or higher haha. A poor Canadian's 5.7 🤣

The 8mm Remington Magnum necked down to .30 cal is essentially the 300 Weatherby. The only difference would be the double-radius shoulder. I suspect that is why Remington never explored that idea.
Yes remington did chamber for the 300 weatherby cartridge. Jarrett, Clarence Hammonds and Baer I think all had versions of the 30/ 8mm rm and probably some others. I do like the 300 weatherby but really prefer the Jarrett cartridge with its 35 degree shoulder.