New Mexico 2019 - What did you draw?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by lilharcher, Apr 17, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Shiv1947

Shiv1947 New Member

Antelope - Rifle Zone 58

2. retegret

retegret Member

Yippie-Kay-Yay, Elk 16B, Mule deer, and Oryx off-range. All gun hunts. I'll be staying in NM for several weeks!

sika64, Dry Heat? and lilharcher like this.
  3. HuntJunky

HuntJunky Member

You have horses for 16b?

4. BrianID

BrianID Member

I was finally able to pick up a mule deer tag in Northern NM and my first elk tag after years of trying to draw either of these in NM. Elk hunt is a late archery hunt and will be a tough hunt but at least I'll have the opportunity to hunt.

5. jspurlin1

jspurlin1 New Member

At age 77, this is the first year my brother-in-law and I have failed to be drawn for any hunt! We applied for rifle hunts for deer, elk, oryx, barbary sheep and antelope.

6. lilharcher

lilharcher Well-Known Member

Retegret - Hot ----....congrats!

7. Rainy

Rainy Member

I applied for deer rifle. No luck. I’m sure all the Texas applicants drew though... (no offense Texas, my beef is with NM game and fish. Glad you guys drew)

8. Blackdirt Cowboy

Blackdirt Cowboy Well-Known Member

I’m in Texas. I didn’t draw anything. Kind of frustrating that some didn’t draw at all and others drew three or four tags, but that’s how the system works. Good luck to all who drew.

9. floyd kittrell

floyd kittrell Active Member

Zip for me , might go to Utah or Missouri and hunt the fences with my youngest grand son !

10. Aoudad shooter1975

Aoudad shooter1975 Well-Known Member

Coues deer unit 27...

11. arch408

arch408 Well-Known Member

second year in a row. All four -red. Couldn't evan get an any where fourth choice.

12. BowYoda

BowYoda New Member

Congrats to all that drew! I'm still on cloud 9 myself... I drew the Valles Caldera 1st archery.
    If anyone has hunted here or did a tagalong... I'd love to here some input... like depending on where they put me, do I hunt wallows, water, etc??? Any and ALL is so appreciated

13. retegret

retegret Member

Yeah, same outfitter as two years ago, U-trail elite gila hunts. Using Rocking Zia outfitter for deer and oryx hunts. They both have been excellent for me.

14. J Doss

J Doss Member

Tough hunt. Like hunting bighorn. Lots of spotting - and walking. Bring a good spotting scope among with your binos and take your time.
    Never hunted there though.
    Good Luck!!!