The Sweetest Short Rifle Ever! DE LRKM in 6.5-284 Win

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
This was a unique and fun project, quite surprised at how much I liked it when it was finished. 24" Proof barrel, Thunderbeast Ultra 9 suppressor, ATACR NF. OAL with can off but adapter brake on 34.7", Shoots the 140 Bergers very well, 3 shots .176" / 100 yards, at 3048 fps. I was very happy to see this performance from the Proof barrel, my past experience has not been solid with them. The issues we had in previous barrels seems to be addressed and squared away. I am looking forward to using some of them now that we can produce a product that meets our standards.

Richardson%20LRKM_zpsvm9cpzvq.jpg

Did you chose bolt action for accuracy sake? I am interested because I am building a couple of LR AR rigs trying to get the best accuracy and wondered if I am chasing a herring?

Did you chose bolt action for accuracy sake? I am interested because I am building a couple of LR AR rigs trying to get the best accuracy and wondered if I am chasing a herring?
Depends on how LR you want, at some distance the ES of most gas guns will limit you. From where we sit and the distances we were concerned with a bolt was the only realistic option.

The thing with that rifle is all the weight (11lb) is near you, up close. So I bet it really handles well.

Probably handles amazing. Be a pain in the *** carrying it up the mountain though. It's gonna be 15 lbs outfitted.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.