Lrkm

Here it is, pulled from Shawn's "The 375 Terminator is alive" thread in Long Range Only's ELR sub-forum

Attachments

• DSCN2390.jpg
    DSCN2390.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 79
So if you took 2000 yards out of the equation?

Seeing as that would be just for fun and I don't plan on trying to win the king of 2 miles competition any time soon. Would that sway you more towards 338. I think the cost per shot is going to be a minimal difference but the 375 will be more mainly due to the cost of the mono bullets, and burning 30 or so more grains of powder. Since the 338 still packs 2800 (give or take some) ft/lbs of energy at 1000 yards and chances are the 375 is going to have considerable more recoil and energy but does that really matter?

So if you took 2000 yards out of the equation?

Seeing as that would be just for fun and I don't plan on trying to win the king of 2 miles competition any time soon. Would that sway you more towards 338. I think the cost per shot is going to be a minimal difference but the 375 will be more mainly due to the cost of the mono bullets, and burning 30 or so more grains of powder. Since the 338 still packs 2800 (give or take some) ft/lbs of energy at 1000 yards and chances are the 375 is going to have considerable more recoil and energy but does that really matter?

Hello,

IMO the answer to that question would be no it does not matter in the realm you are wanting to utilize the cartridge in. DEAD is DEAD, no matter how much energy dumped into it to make it DEAD. The 338T has more than enough energy to make something "dead". The 375T has more than enough energy to make something "dead". At end of the day the animal is just what you intended it to be....DEAD :)

THEIS

Less recoil = more enjoyment. I'd lean toward the cartridge that kicks less. If you can end up with rifles with comparable recoil in both calibers, then take your pick.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.