The Swede

Do the Sako and Tikka rifles for the 6.5x55 have the overly long throats for the heavy round nosed bullet. How can you verify throat length on a factory rifle?

Last edited:
Do the Sako and Tikka rifles for the 6.5x55 have the overly long throats for the heavy long nosed bullet. How can you verify throat length on a factory rifle?
they shoot sub moa it doest matter

Do the Sako and Tikka rifles for the 6.5x55 have the overly long throats for the heavy long nosed bullet. How can you verify throat length on a factory rifle?
Easy to have it throated out as far as you want, and what I love about tikkas is that you can pop a long action mag in place of the short action mag

With the Swede has anyone ran a 21-22" barrel and seen good velocity with 140gr bullets? I am thinking a 21" suppressed Swede with a 1/8.5 twist. Just a tad slower twist to help with velocity. Is my thinking incorrect?

Easy to have it throated out as far as you want, and what I love about tikkas is that you can pop a long action mag in place of the short action mag
Just what I did on my Tikka 260, since all are actually long action, bought a long action mag and modified my bolt throw to be able to use the longer bullets, I can get over 3" loads now. Works like a charm.

With the Swede has anyone ran a 21-22" barrel and seen good velocity with 140gr bullets? I am thinking a 21" suppressed Swede with a 1/8.5 twist. Just a tad slower twist to help with velocity. Is my thinking incorrect?
I wouldn't do any slower than 1:8 twist on any 6.5mm. The difference you may see if velocity is miniscule. I think you will be fine with a 22" barrel. 2750-2800' should be doable.

You will get an answer in 24 hours. I think they want you to call in for the info though. They used to email it but stopped.

I emailed them during Christmas week and got a reply right after the first of January. I thought they might be out of pocket during the Christmas holidays.

I also emailed them in early December and got a really quick reply.

Both times they ended their email saying to email them any time if I needed any more info.

I emailed them during Christmas week and got a reply right after the first of January. I thought they might be out of pocket during the Christmas holidays.

I also emailed them in early December and got a really quick reply.

Both times they ended their email saying to email them any time if I needed any more info.
It's customer service like this that makes me use the companies products, and that you can trust their bc's.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.