New Rifles: The Good, the bad, the ugly

I'll only speak to the good. My dad just purchased a south paw version Christensen Ridgeline FFT Ti in 7rm. Its a fantastic looking rifle! I've not had any experience with Christensen arms but if this thing shoots as good as it looks its going to be stellar. Its got me wanting one.
I just got the Ridgeline FFT in 7mm PRC lefty and zeroed at 200 and it's 1 moa as they say and I'm by no means a great shooter.

Love my Christensen Ridgeline.
Remington rifles to me feel weird.
Cannot explain why exactly, but have handled probably 10 Remingtons, they are awkward and clumsy, and the bolts feel like they're worn out already or something.
Some savages are also awkward, but not as bad as the remington at least.
Browning levers are wonderful, except for the ridiculously stiff triggers. If the trigger pull was reduced by about 70%, they would be a real winner.
And any rifle made out of the super cheap plastic I hate.
Reminds me of my grandmother and her garbage quality Tupperware bowls. Guess it keeps costs down though, as a semi truck load shouldn't cost more than $0.81.

Browning levers are wonderful, except for the ridiculously stiff triggers. If the trigger pull was reduced by about 70%, they would be a real winner.
And any rifle made out of the super cheap plastic I hate.
Reminds me of my grandmother and her garbage quality Tupperware bowls. Guess it keeps costs down though, as a semi truck load shouldn't cost more than $0.81.
Simple fix for Browning triggers. MCarbo spring.

I love SAKO rifles, (I have 3 SAKO 85 stainless with black laminate stocks) not the cheapest but beautifully crafted and they shoot right out of the box. Great triggers...the only ones I don't have to work on before using. Also, the most accurate rifle I currently own is an off the shelf Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion in 6.5 PRC and that includes three custom rifles. Browning triggers suck so just know you're gonna have to drop in an after market trigger or sear spring before use.

My last purchase was a Cz 600 6.5 creed. Because I want something better in the wind than my .223, I only have 40 rounds thru it so far. Kinda cheap rubbery stock. 7 twist barrel? I heard the barrels can come loose? Shoots ok with hand loads so far. I have packing my 300 wsm kimber most this fall.

My last two bolt gun purchases have been browning xbolts. One in .204 ruger and one in 22-250. Both of them have been easily sub MOA with factory ammo. I put MCARBO trigger sear springs in them to get the trigger pull under 3 lbs. I am amazed at how well they shoot! I noticed that browning glass beds all of there xbolts......part of the reason the generally shoot so well......

Not a difficult fix, but why not just do it from the factory.
About 2 lbs pull is perfect.
I think most of us would agree. Most factory triggers are like car tires. You purchase a new car for tons of money and the tires are mid-range performance at best. I am guessing some of the standard heavy trigger pull weights are set due to liability concerns as well.

I think most of us would agree. Most factory triggers are like car tires. You purchase a new car for tons of money and the tires are mid-range performance at best. I am guessing some of the standard heavy trigger pull weights are set due to liability concerns as well.
Some factory triggers are simply not capable of tuning to a low pull. And the limitations on available replacement trigger options for some makes.

I generally feel the standard factory rifles all have one or two things that just need to be addressed. Triggers are critical, but generally can be addressed without breaking the bank. When you run into fit and finish or other ergonomic issues, sometimes you either have to empty your wallet or just live with the flaws. There are plenty of factory rifles I have not owned, but would like to try. It is just hard to settle once you get your hands on your first true custom. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. This is why I haven't gone with a true alpha rifle scope yet.

Id like the opportunity to shoulder an original Dakota rifle. The fit and finish , in the photos, look incredible. I have no idea if they made their own trigger, or used an aftermarket trigger. A slim sleek sporter, in 270 Win or 06 would be just fine.