The PRC die "problem"

My question is how do I know this is my problem? My 2x fired ADG brass measures .531 and my resized with FL Whidden measures .530. I have more than just clickers, it's stiff just as the bolt closes as well as opening the bolt. I used a black sharpie on the case and you can clearly see it hanging up at the .3ish area. It is a custom gun, could the smith have cut a very tight chamber?
Have Three factory rifles and with the ADG /Gunwerks brass they all do it. Sometimes takes a mallet to open the bolt. Sammi spec reamers the issue still exists. Need either to use an oversized reamer, or the Alex Wheeler style which I assume are the same. I've also heard that any other brass that issue does not exist only on ADG. But I personally have yet to test that. I have 400 pieces of Gunwerks brass.

Have many people had this issue with Hornady, Lapua, Peterson, etc? I'm wondering if the heavier ADG brass exacerbates the issue.

I haven't had issues with Hornady and have Lapua on the bench for when the Hornady quits, but I do much less shooting than many membera here.

Answers are all through this long thread.

If one reads the entire thread the answers are there: Alex Wheeler said:

"Looking at the 300 PRC and ADG brass there is only .003-.0035" difference between a virgin case head and the chamber. Thats not enough for this type of brass in a magnum case head. And will lead to long term problems."

"you may never have issues if the chamber was cut sloppy to begin with."

"Most of the time clickers will show around 4-5 and yes, if your running a low pressure load you may never get them"

=====================

Many of the thicker pieces of brass in other chamberings can have the clicker issue. SAUM, WSM, RCM, RUM and 338 Lapua/300 Norma case.

for what it's worth, I had this problem with ADG and 156 bergers. I rented the AW2 reamer and opened up the chamber. All of my loads using hornady and norma brass with 140gr bullets still work as they did before, no clickers before or after, the fired brass at the .200 line measures 533-535 now, my die(rcbs matchmaster FL bushing die) is able to resize it back to 531-530. Now for my ADG/156 loads show pressure signs, extractor marks and clickers and fired brass at .200 line measures 533-535 and the die is able to resize it back to 531-530, so can reuse the brass. So I am in process of reducing the powder charge to get rid of the extractor marks and clickers. RL26 56.6 to 56.2 in xbolt pro (2930 to 2915-20), and
RL26 55.5/.8 to something less Waypoint 2020 2990 to ????. I did not have hard bolt lift, hard clickers, or hard extractor marks before. I have 500+ rounds thru the xbolt and 200 thru the Waypoint. The Waypoint barrel really sped up thru 170 shots. I have also used Lapua and Nosler brass, they both are "soft" and show pressure quickly. Not sure the PRC line is worth it for the long run and only get low 2900fps performance. Love my 6.5 x 284! Sorry for the rant.

Have many people had this issue with Hornady, Lapua, Peterson, etc? I'm wondering if the heavier ADG brass exacerbates the issue.

I haven't had issues with Hornady and have Lapua on the bench for when the Hornady quits, but I do much less shooting than many membera here.
I'm having this issue with some of my hornady brass as well as the ADG brass.

I know it's been asked but I'll try anyway. If some has the 300PRC reamer I'd love to rent it or buy it. I called JGS and they said I could get one mid August.
Also, what will change the accuracy/velocity of a load I already have worked up?

My question is how do I know this is my problem? My 2x fired ADG brass measures .531 and my resized with FL Whidden measures .530. I have more than just clickers, it's stiff just as the bolt closes as well as opening the bolt. I used a black sharpie on the case and you can clearly see it hanging up at the .3ish area. It is a custom gun, could the smith have cut a very tight chamber?
a case needs too expand and seal the chamber upon firing, then contract in order to eject freely. Most prc chambers don't have enough space for the brass to do this properly. Adg brass is harder and tougher than say Hornady ar nosler brass. Most people hand loading use "pressure signs" as a judge of safe pressure. It's safe too say, if using adg/ Peterson brass and you're using this technique you're over pressure. if it's hard too chamber a reloaded round it won't be easier to eject after firing it. so far my Wilson fl bushing die will take a .532 fired Peterson case an size it down to .529. I have a reamer on standby if needed but so far so good.

Question: I have a bunch of full length resized 1x fired Hornady brass that was fire formed in my Bergara HMR. I'm considering getting a Tikka T3x 6.5PRC and selling the HMR.

Will FL sized 1x fired Hornady brass work in a completely different rifle considering all the discussion about right SAAMI chamber specs for the 6.5 PRC?

Gen Lee, I wouldn't expect you to have issues FL sizing and using in another rifle with Hornady brass. ADG or Lapua may be a different story. Never had clickers in 6.5 or 300 PRC with Hornady brass. Your brass life may suffer some depending on how hard you're running. That's just one opinion FWIW.

Gen Lee, I wouldn't expect you to have issues FL sizing and using in another rifle with Hornady brass. ADG or Lapua may be a different story. Never had clickers in 6.5 or 300 PRC with Hornady brass. Your brass life may suffer some depending on how hard you're running. That's just one opinion FWIW.

Thanks. I've been able to get 5 reloads so far on the Hornady brass 58.3 grains H1000 3000 FPS 143 ELD-X

I've been considering the 7 PRC. Has this undersized chamber issue been resolved or is in within the whole PRC family now?