The Tale of the 6.5 PRC

• The first 10 shots were to find a velocity node but they just weren't fast enough.
  • Set 2 (shots 11 through 20) were suppose to yield 2947 fps at the 58.5 grain load but as you see with the data it was much higher.
  • So a little too cold and a little too hot. Need a 3rd test.
  • See the next Post!!!
Shooting conditions: 38 F Light Rain and 63% humidity (screen shot did not have the baro)

View attachment 243519
Was the 6.5/284 Norma a consideration before you decided on the PRC? I am considering a Norma build and was wondering why you chose the PRC if the Norma was a consideration. Thanks

Was the 6.5/284 Norma a consideration before you decided on the PRC? I am considering a Norma build and was wondering why you chose the PRC if the Norma was a

Was the 6.5/284 Norma a consideration before you decided on the PRC? I am considering a Norma build and was wondering why you chose the PRC if the Norma was a consideration. Thanks
No the Norma was not a consideration. 270 WSM was a consideration to get an accurate and low recoiling rifle for my kids to go Elk hunting with. I simply just got a good deal on a rifle that had good component availability; thus the PRC. The Terminator 2 break makes this feel like a 223 bolt gun while sending a 140 gr. bullet 2980 or more fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.