The PRC die "problem"

It will on a Nosler. The Nosler does not have the issue the PRC does. I gave the specs to BC for the micron magnum and norma dies. They will work on everything but the PRC. Its the smallest PRC die you can get, it tries to fix the issue the best it can, but their PRC die is .002 smaller than the virgin case head of the PRC. If it could actually move solid brass it would fix the problem, but a die cant do that. They have done the best they can with it but the main issue is not in their hands.
Very interesting and good to know.
Thank you for digging in and figuring this issue out. You have helped a lot of frustrated reloaders out with your work on this.

Are all guns supposed to have this issue in 6.5 PRC? I have a browning LR max and currently I'm on the 6 loading on Hornady cases and have not had any of these issues. Using hornady dies.

Are all guns supposed to have this issue in 6.5 PRC? I have a browning LR max and currently I'm on the 6 loading on Hornady cases and have not had any of these issues. Using hornady dies.
I think its mostly using the better brass, but not always. These chambers with the problems are getting fixed with a reamer that shaves just a teeny tiny bit off in just one spot. It'd would help if you could mention what dies you use and the type. I haven't had any problems with my Tikka 6.5PRC just using regular Hornady dies. I'm only on my third loading using Nosler brass.

If you contact JGS they will have a AW2 spec reamer print for 65 and 300 prc when they cut your reamer order. Wheeler doesn't sell reamers. If you're looking for a smith who has AW spec reamers on hand to ream an existing chamber, I know of 3.
Which smiths , I am on the hunt..

Alex, is there a problem using the AW2 reamer with other than ADG brass and standard dies? I n other words should I only use the AW2 if I'm using alpha brass?

It was brought to my attention short action customs is selling a die under my name. I have not approved his die specs or the use of my name. Beware.
Funny, I almost purchased their die but it's like $360. They said it would fix brass sizing issues that were shot on a rifle cut with a Sami spec reamer . I didn't go that route and just having bbl rechambered with your reamer.

Alex, is there a problem using the AW2 reamer with other than ADG brass and standard dies? I n other words should I only use the AW2 if I'm using alpha brass?
If your not having an issue dont change anything. Some saami spec chambers are fat and in this case thats a good thing. But you will eventually get issues with any decent brass in a true saami min chamber.

If your not having an issue dont change anything. Some saami spec chambers are fat and in this case thats a good thing. But you will eventually get issues with any decent brass in a true saami min chamber.
Thanks for the reply. I bought the AW2 to build rifles for customers and just wanted to make sure that the reamer was appropriate for all brass.

If anyone is looking for a lightly used AW 300 PRC reamer let me know. I'm selling mine. It was used to open up a SAAMI chambered 300 PRC one time.

Here's the thread