The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

I love Hornady bullets but really don't like hornady's attempt at belittling the.260 Remington just to put the 6.5 Creedmoor as a performance leader. Any shooter( besides a Creedmoor shooter) knows the .260 outperforms the 6.5 Creedmoor hands down. Yet, Hornady prints the comparisons in their loading guides so ridiculously that it's obvious. Having owned both rifles in those cartridges, the .260 literally has a definite advantage in ballistic performance. Not hating the Creedmoor I can say that both are excellent rounds and the Creedmoor has a huge factory ammo advantage as well as many recent followers but most are mislead by hornady's claim.

This is nothing new and if it bothers you you don't like Remington or Winchester either

This is nothing new and if it bothers you you don't like Remington or Winchester either
All companies are off a bit on some data but it's obvious why hornady shows the 260 inferior. All PR. Never read Remington claiming there 260 out runs Winchester's 270. Never read Winchester claiming there 270 out runs the 280. Etc, Etc. Shouldn't actually say it bothers me. It's just the business. I know better

Last edited:
As fast as this shooting game moves in terms of new bullets, powders, optics etc, evolving is the only option. You can't help but love the improvements

Just ask the dinosaurs....
Or the caveman HAHAHAHA!
geicocaveman.jpg

I think with Aliminium ,tip can be biger (longer) and maybe better shape and with that they have better BC.
But A-tip is not a monolite bullet so for mass it is not superlong and to calculate bc bullet mass is factor.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts