The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

Aluminium tipped bullet is not new for Hornady, the 750grains 50cal A-max bullet have been out for many years. I guess some of you guys have tested that on game?
The new A-tip looks quite similar to that bullet.

There's nothing innovative here other than the marketing... ALCO has made these for better part of a decade along with Henson and Corbin also coming to mind...

Speaking to ALCO, at least they didn't leave a blunt tip on their aluminum, and they also rebated the boattail, to further maximize ballistic potential; I mean, .707 G1 for a 175gr .308? At $46 per 50... Sorry Hornady that you're tardy to the party, but glad you figured out plastic melts.

I love the negative comments given here. PLEASE, dont buy them, stick with your Speer Hot Cores and Midway Blems.

Anyone got any A-tips on back-order at Midway?
I know right? It's just hornady haters that cant stand to see them making strides in the direction that no other MAJOR manufacturer has done before.

Maybe these other companies outta hire some good "marketing" staff so they can catch up in sales. Everybody that shoots has heard of Hornady. Can't say that about other companies even though they may make kick *** bullets if thier exposure is limited then it doesn't do much good

This forum acting like .75 cents a bullet is unheard of and blasphemy is hilarious.

Also it seems like pretty much every other week midway has 10% off Hornady stuff so knock another 7 cents off and your at $0.68 per bullet

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.