The Fast And Accurate Absolute Hammer 🔥🎯

It's not that you can't question which happens a lot. People make mistakes the problem is when something does work and for many people they say it can't. Physics works. Say you give said load a short freebore that's way over pressure. Then same load only extend the throat very far out. Reduce initial pressure spike and then use the bulk of the burning charge to propel bullet at lower pressure allowing more powder. Seems most can't grasp a pressure spike from average pressure
. Because you know "physics"
You mean like Roy 'Bee did??

Zen, I watched your video and read the thread. Please take my comments with the kindest of intentions and most respect, as I have enjoyed reading your posts on the forum and am not aware of all the components in your system.

Just a few thoughts:

1) I am a little concerned with your pierced primers. My understanding is that CCI primer cups tend to run harder than average in general, and 450s even more so. I have seen warnings that reloaders should use caution trying to read pressure signs from CCI primers because, in general, they will not show pressure signs until significant over-pressure has been reached. There are exceptions that may lead to pierced primers without over-pressure, such as over-diameter FP holes. However, your cases also exhibit other signs of over-pressure signs such as ejector swipe marks. Primer pocket stretch is just one other sign of excessive pressure. However, the lack of stretch does not mean the other signs can be ignored. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I would suggest reducing your loads for your own safety.

2) Even if your pressure is ok, gas blowback from pierced primers can damage your bolt face, fire pin hole, fire pin mechanism, and bolt. In addition, blowback of gas and debris presents risk of personal injury from eye injuries to facial burns, and even death.

3) I do understand your desire for high velocity. I believe speed kills very effectively by hydrostatic shock, and also provides improved trajectories and wind drift. However, I urge you to use caution in your quest for the highest velocities. Pressure kills too, only at the other end of the rifle, and getting every last fps isn't worth it.

4) I do believe it is possible to get higher than typical velocities with Hammer bullets and other mono-core bullets with driving bands without excessive pressure. I think this is even more true for the Absolute Hammers for reasons you mentioned as well as others. For those interested, there is another great post on the LRH forum discussing Hammer Bullets, velocity and pressure (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/why-hammer-bullets-are-always-faster.319315/page-31). The thread is very interesting, and the topic of pressure and velocity was really "hammered" out. I got to the thread late, and posted some pics and info toward the end (pages 30-31), that many of these readers may also find useful regarding the Absolute Hammers vs Hammer Hunters vs standard core and cup bullets. I believe I saw some of your posts on that thread also.

I wish you the best and look forward to seeing more info and load testing from you, but please be careful. I will post some load data once the weather clears and as I can generate good test data. Best wishes, Mike D.