Absolute Hammer Powder Selection 🔥

I have been shooting absolutes in 6mm arc, 280ai, a few creeds, 7mm08, 257 bee. I start with a known powder and shoot a 10 or so round ladder and get speed data till I hit pressure. Then I use a faster powder (not a huge jump) and compare the speeds and pressure. Hopefully one of my selections shows improvement, sometimes I get better results sometimes I don't.

How about seating depth? Ive been running hh at .050 off jam and getting groups under .5. how about the ah?

What bullet??
I loaded them in my son-in-law's 300 WSM this evening, 20 thousand off the lands, and shot 5 times. One bullet seated 0.10 deeper than all the others, I pulled the bullet out and seated it the same as the others but it was a flyer. I did not work the brass up so idk anything about them. But for a first load, I don't think it'll take much tuning to get where he wants to go with it.
The aim point group was just some bullets used to break in the new barrel so he wasn't really worried about that group, of course, it'd been nice if it looked like the other group.

1660963363087.png

I usually just look at what powders are working for the next bullet weight down and giving the highest velocity. I start there and see where my case fill is and adjust from there. Loading the absolute hammers have made me a much better handloader by understanding the burn rate chart better and how pressure presents itself.

I usually just look at what powders are working for the next bullet weight down and giving the highest velocity. I start there and see where my case fill is and adjust from there. Loading the absolute hammers have made me a much better handloader by understanding the burn rate chart better and how pressure presents itself.
Thank you sir.