The Fast And Accurate Absolute Hammer 🔥🎯

So the pierced primers and ejector marks aren't signs of pressure?

I'm starting to love the hammer Kool aid. First they're faster than anything else but no one can actually verify that with pressure traces, but it's fine because "I've been reloading for x years and I know how to read pressure". Quantifiable data is for idiots that haven't reloaded as long as me.

Now there is all the classic signs of pressure and "well its an AH, so it's probably not over pressure despite every indication to the contrary".

I wonder what will be next.

I can say I have gotten much faster with hammers than anything else following the exact same reloading steps as normal. First sign of pressure I back off .5 or a full grain dependent on case size. Same as most do with anything else.
Able to break 3k in a creedmore with 123gr and break 2900fps with a 97gr in a grendel.
As dated quickloads just doesn't line up with these at all. Doesn't mean they are not safe.
I ah ent watched the video and he may be over pressure on his but you made a pretty wide statement .

I haven't watched the video
This is so classic. "I haven't a clue what I'm about to talk about because I didn't take the 2 minutes to watch/read, but let me give you my take."

My statement was directed at the video in this thread and the other thread where they are claimed to be faster without pressure, but there's no actual quantified data to support that.

I load hammers as well for one of my rifles, but the kool aid here is getting a bit strong. The video in this thread, you should watch since you're commenting on it, has every classic sign of pressure. So at the very least, the OP cannot claim that he gets more speed without pressure because everyone can see the pressure.

What I didn't see in the ql screen is if the case h20 overflow matches what cases are being used. Among other things.

This is so classic. "I haven't a clue what I'm about to talk about because I didn't take the 2 minutes to watch/read, but let me give you my take."

My statement was directed at the video in this thread and the other thread where they are claimed to be faster without pressure, but there's no actual quantified data to support that.

I load hammers as well for one of my rifles, but the kool aid here is getting a bit strong. The video in this thread, you should watch since you're commenting on it, has every classic sign of pressure. So at the very least, the OP cannot claim that he gets more speed without pressure because everyone can see the pressure.
It's not classic and had nothing to do with my statement.
You sir made the broad statement about absolute hammers. I said I get much faster speeds and follow basic reloading signs for pressure. I didn't need to watch the video because I wasn't referring to his over pressure. I was refer to your blanket statement

This is what I'm referring to.
We deal with so many variables we deal with we all tend to follow basic reloading practices to find pressure. Those don't change per bullet. So if I follow the same principles as a cup core how indeed can you be sure I'm over pressure?

. . . . So if I follow the same principles as a cup core how indeed can you be sure I'm over pressure?
I think this is a good point.

To put it another way; people were handloading for many decades before Quickload became available - are folks saying all those people were unsafe and blowing up guns all the time? IOWs - Ken Waters, who increased powder until he saw pressure signs, was an unsafe idiot?

Amazon product ASIN 1879356643

Last edited:
This is what I'm referring to.
We deal with so many variables we deal with we all tend to follow basic reloading practices to find pressure. Those don't change per bullet. So if I follow the same principles as a cup core how indeed can you be sure I'm over pressure?
I think you're having a bit of a reading comprehension issue. My statement was clearly not blanket, nor was I claiming that everyone is always overpressure with hammers.

I'm stating that 1) the op is clearly overpressure, anyone can see that and 2) Here's a person somewhat delusional about being over pressure and coming up with reasons why it's not despite all evidence to the contrary. Some weird coping mechanism or something to convince themselves of this, I'm really not sure. In fact, I'd not be surprised to learn that the video is a troll.
But yes, without quantified data, I'm a skeptic that people are really not overpressure and are just running good brass that holds up to more than normal max loads. Or even forget overpressure. Equal pressure for more velocity. Without pressure traces, we don't actually know any of this.

My comprehension is fine. You made a statement that getting more speed without over pressure was pretty blanket. I deducted that by your " kool aid" statement. That statement alone plus the fact you said more speed with better brass. I've always used the same brass so that point is moot.
I agree his loads can be hit and many times he admits that. But he is not a troll I can tell you that. He has done some good testing on things and he chooses to push the pressure a bit more than some. That's fine
I'm not saying he's not but I'm more or less saying what I've always said. If you use tried and true load practice you will indeed get more speed from these.
And it's not just hammers in general. I went from a 124gr hammer to the 123gr absolute and gained over 200fps in my creedmore same pressure based on those techniques.
Same with my 97gr and 99 in the Grendel.

I'm starting to love the hammer Kool aid. First they're faster than anything else but no one can actually verify that with pressure traces, but it's fine because "I've been reloading for x years and I know how to read pressure". Quantifiable data is for idiots that haven't reloaded as long as me.
This statement was made in its own paragraph yet does not mention once the video.
Only hammers are faster than anything else.
So yes my reading is fine especially for public school education. Maybe your memory is off. Or better yet try the hammers and use your own reloading skills and see.

This statement was made in its own paragraph yet does not mention once the video.
Only hammers are faster than anything else.
So yes my reading is fine especially for public school education. Maybe your memory is off. Or better yet try the hammers and use your own reloading skills and see.
I have and do use the 162 absolutes in my 3006 and didn't get an appreciable speed increase unless I ignore the ejector swipes and progressively flatter primers.
Which is why I'm really skeptical of the claims, because I can't repeat them and would love to see some quantifiable data.

I have and do use the 162 absolutes in my 3006 and didn't get an appreciable speed increase unless I ignore the ejector swipes and progressively flatter primers.
Which is why I'm really skeptical of the claims, because I can't repeat them and would love to see some quantifiable data.
I think you are shooting a heavy mono bullet for the 30-06 while most who use Hammers & Barnes go on the light side when choosing a bullet along with faster powders compared to a similar cup & core lead bullet for that cartridge.
The terminal ballistics make most re loaders comfortable with lighter bullets than the traditional cup & core bullet.

As an example, In my 25-06 I'm using the 92 grain Hammer Hunter whereas I used to shoot 110 grain accubonds.

You have to do more than simply swap bullets. You will have to experiment with fasters powders, too. When you start off with the mind set that it can not possible work, then, yeah, it is not going to work for you. Plus, it is being narrow minded to try one bullet in one rifle, and then claim it won't work for everyone else in all other rifles. Experienced reloaders know that each rifle is different. Not to mention doggedly requiring "quantifiable data", when reloaders for decades have found the best load by looking at visual pressure signs. Thinking Quickload is some form of real-world "proof", when all it is is a man-made computer approximation doesn't help your position.

But, it is only you losing out on the benefits of the AH design. So "you do you" while everyone else enjoys the free bump in speed. There's lots of people who still claim the Earth is flat, and, fortunately, the rest of us can ignore them and enjoy the benefits of an ellipsoid Earth.

JMHO

Last edited: