The Facebook crazies

That's also ironic, since the Creedmoor shooters are all following a trend.

The .308 Winchester got popular from people who came back from war and used it to kill charlie and commies. What has the CM done to prove itself on the battlefield? :cool:

I heard you get a free soy latte and a side of kale, a pair of skinny jeans, suspenders, and thick black-rimmed glasses with every Creedmoor purchase. :D

The .308 Winchester got popular from people who came back from war and used it to kill charlie and commies. What has the CM done to prove itself on the battlefield? :cool:

I heard you get a free soy latte and a side of kale, a pair of skinny jeans, suspenders, and thick black-rimmed glasses with every Creedmoor purchase. :D
You forgot , the color matched scrunchies for the man bun !

Did I pick on your 308? Sorry about that. Easy to dish it out but alot harder to receive it isn't it?

Last edited:
Did I pick on your 308? Sorry about that. Easy to dish it out but alot harder to receive it isn't it?
It's called a joke man... You were just talking about people needing to grow some thicker skin... It's all in good fun.

The reason I mentioned the .308 is because that's what everybody compares it to (and not just on this forum, but in real life, as well). I would compare it mostly to a .260 Rem, but it seems most of these new shooters don't even know that cartridge ever existed.

Inhale the future.jpg

There are legitimate reasons professional PRS shooters have almost completely replaced the 260 and 308 with the CM in PRS competitions.

Yes, there are wildcatters bewildered because their cherished design was not adequate.
Yes, there are those emotionally attached to the antiquated cartridge they grew up with.

I see way more folks crying in their beer, banging their heads on the bar, and lashing out those who see a better design and utilize it, than those with false notions about the CM's capabilities. I would not be surprised, if 90% those who hold this bizarre exaggerated animosity toward the CM have ever used it.

To the naysayers, it will be ok, just stop, think and take a deep breath.

View attachment 85863
There are legitimate reasons professional PRS shooters have almost completely replaced the 260 and 308 with the CM in PRS competitions.

Yes, there are wildcatters bewildered because their cherished design was not adequate.
Yes, there are those emotionally attached to the antiquated cartridge they grew up with.

I see way more folks crying in their beer, banging their heads on the bar, and lashing out those who see a better design and utilize it, than those with false notions about the CM's capabilities. I would not be surprised, if 90% those who hold this bizarre exaggerated animosity toward the CM have ever used it.

To the naysayers, it will be ok, just stop, think and take a deep breath.

I don't think this is quite true. While there arent that many shooting the 260 or 308, I dont think its accurate to say they switched to a CM. Yes the 6CM was really popular at one time, but it's been steadily slipping. The 6.5 CM has been second to the 6.5x47 for quite a few years. If anything, it seems the trend is heading the opposite way, to the smaller 6's. 6x47, 6XC, Dasher.

Till someone wins with something else anyway. Then they will flock to it.

I've shot a few of them at the range that belonged to other folks. I've even stated many times that I didn't feel it was a bad cartridge, I just don't like all the exaggerated capabilities and the douchebaggery that seems to run rampant amongst the supporters and uninformed. The only reason I joke about it is because of that...Not the cartridge itself. I know it's a good design, but I prefer the .260 AI, because it's faster. And for me, wildcatting is like reloading any other cartridge, as I already own the equipment needed to do so. For some that don't reload, or don't want to delve-off into the realm of the unknown, getting that kind of performance is not very likely of ever happening. So I do understand why many are drawn to it. But that doesn't mean that everything else is antiquated. On the contrary, .308 Win has outlasted the test of time, and is here to stay. There's a reason why people keep improving on it. If it wasn't still relevant, it would have been left behind long ago.

Last edited:
I don't think this is quite true. While there arent that many shooting the 260 or 308, I dont think its accurate to say they switched to a CM. Yes the 6CM was really popular at one time, but it's been steadily slipping. The 6.5 CM has been second to the 6.5x47 for quite a few years. If anything, it seems the trend is heading the opposite way, to the smaller 6's. 6x47, 6XC, Dasher.

Till someone wins with something else anyway. Then they will flock to it.
Yep...

I've shot a few of them at the range that belonged to other folks. I've even stated many times that I didn't feel it was a bad cartridge, I just don't like all the exaggerated capabilities and the douchebaggery that seems to run rampant amongst the supporters and uninformed. The only reason I joke about it is because of that...Not the cartridge itself. I know it's a good design, but I prefer the .260 AI, because it's faster. And for me, wildcatting is like reloading any other cartridge, as I already own the equipment needed to do so. For some that don't reload, or don't want to delve-off into the realm of the unknown, getting that kind of performance is not very likely of ever happening. So I do understand why many are drawn to it. But that doesn't mean that everything else is antiquated. On the contrary, .308 Win has outlasted the test of time, and is here to stay. There's a reason why people keep improving on it. If it wasn't still relevant, it would have been left behind long ago.

Lord, talk about exaggerated douchebaggery.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.