The black grey squirrel

"Interesting" Is there a season on them. I hadn't realize there were so many different squirrels. Learned something new. Great, and Thanks for sharing this. Ith. would have never know.
Squirrel - August 15th to Feb 28th - 12 per day in GA
I'll shoot them 365 when we get overloaded on our property. They ae the wiring off my truck and tractor already.

In highschool three of us would shuttle up through a cattle ranch on a Honda 125 , with .22s ,to a an abandon rock quarry , where we dug out a spot on a cliff , and shoot ground squirrels for hours
We competed with each other trying to shoot them on the run.
We would kind of do the same. Getting into my 20's moved onto a 220 swift. My brother and I had a rule. Nothing under 200yds. It wasn't fair. Teaches you a lot on shooting too.

1648395088252.png

Here in Northern Arizona we have a breed of squirrel that is called the White Tailed Kybab Squirrel. Fun to hunt and great to eat!!!

We would kind of do the same. Getting into my 20's moved onto a 220 swift. My brother and I had a rule. Nothing under 200yds. It wasn't fair. Teaches you a lot on shooting too.
Oh yeah , that was some of the best off hand practice , that continued into my deer hunting
We also snuck onto adjacent ranch to shoot tree squirrels ,in the laurel trees , I remember they had a care taker
Who patrolled on horseback , one time he knew we were there , but couldn't find us in the trees, he came within 15 feet of me while I stood behind a tree and I moved around it ,when he moved, just like in the movies .
Didn't go back for awhile after that.

Oh yeah , that was some of the best off hand practice , that continued into my deer hunting
We also snuck onto adjacent ranch to shoot tree squirrels ,in the laurel trees , I remember they had a care taker
Who patrolled on horseback , one time he knew we were there , but couldn't find us in the trees, he came within 15 feet of me while I stood behind a tree and I moved around it ,when he moved, just like in the movies .
Didn't go back for awhile after that.
You moved around the tree just like a "Squirrel"

smell in freezer - I clean my boat chest's with ice & boat soap let it sit for a while at least overnight on the boat. It should work for you Len.
Them black ones are real winners remember them from Gainesville and the pine alleys. The gray's aren't all that bad