The black grey squirrel

We have three different squirrels where we live in GA
The Grey-regular size
The Fox-Twice the size of a Grey and they have Black Colored head feet and some Rust color
The Monkey - Twice the size of a Grey and they are all Black with white paws and Nose.

Attachments

• Fox Squirrel Yard.JPG
    Fox Squirrel Yard.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 584
  • Fox Squirrel.JPG
    Fox Squirrel.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 588
  • Monkey1.JPG
    Monkey1.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 599
  • Monkey2.JPG
    Monkey2.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 625
  • Monkey3.JPG
    Monkey3.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 589
Haha I get a kick out of this I grew up with them everywhere. Lots of oak trees and we have reddish color like normal, grey and black. Never thought anything of it till a friend was visiting and couldn't believe it. So we hunted a few.

Haha I get a kick out of this I grew up with them everywhere. Lots of oak trees and we have reddish color like normal, grey and black. Never thought anything of it till a friend was visiting and couldn't believe it. So we hunted a few.
I'm looking for a skin or mount for display

The Grey-regular size
The Fox-Twice the size of a Grey and they have Black Colored head feet and some Rust color
The Monkey - Twice the size of a Grey and they are all Black with white paws and Nose.
Another thing about these squirrels is that they will not live in the same areas.. Greys have their territory, Fox have theirs's and Monkey's have theirs's.
I had several of these squirrels in a chest freezer waiting to go to the Taxidermy when some how the electrical plug got knocked loose and everything thawed out. I was out of town when Jill found this out. She threw everything away-Deer meat, fish and 1 1/2 hogs. I tried to clean the freezer, but could never get rid of the smell.

EDIT 3/27/22"
I forgot to say the we also have a forth Squirrel - "FLYING SQUIRRELS". These squirrels are much smaller than the Greys and you don't see them out that often. They usually live in Holes in Trees.
EDIT 3/27/22
We also have "Red Squirrels" forgot all about them. They are half the size of a Grey and mostly seen them in N GA.

Last edited:
Another thing about these squirrels is that they will not live in the same areas.. Greys have their territory, Fox have theirs's and Monkey's have theirs's.
I had several of these squirrels in a chest freezer waiting to go to the Taxidermy when some how the electrical plug got knocked loose and everything thawed out. I was out of town when Jill found this out. She threw everything away-Deer meat, fish and 1 1/2 hogs. I tried to clean the freezer, but could never get rid of the smell.
They all live together by me. Not nearly as many as my parents it's absolutely insane. They live together and feed together but they have so many of them it's insane.

I'm looking for a skin or mount for display
Black one?
I can't remember but I think I had two of them mounted years ago and they are in my dads game room. I can probably help you out with a skin or two. Juts have to check the season. It only shuts down here for a small time and I think it's spring unless they are doing damage. Which is always. They try and live in the top of our heated barn.

Kinda look like those ferrets, biggest squirrels I've seen.

Black one?
I can't remember but I think I had two of them mounted years ago and they are in my dads game room. I can probably help you out with a skin or two. Juts have to check the season. It only shuts down here for a small time and I think it's spring unless they are doing damage. Which is always. They try and live in the top of our heated
O
They all live together by me. Not nearly as many as my parents it's absolutely insane. They live together and feed together but they have so many of them it's insane.
A colony of black squirrels , I gotta get out and look around a lot more ..

The Grey-regular size
"Interesting" Is there a season on them. I hadn't realize there were so many different squirrels. Learned something new. Great, and Thanks for sharing this. I would have never know.