The 25 sst...up and running

David Tubb says he has a new tool that will put a groove around the tip of a target bullet and says that the groove will increase the bullets BC and will make target bullets perform like a tipped hunting bullet on game.

I watched the video of Tubb describing his nose ring tool. They way I understood him: It lowers bc slightly but uniforms it from bullet to bullet. It's the pointing prior to cutting the ring that increases BC. I am pretty interested in the claims of making pointed bullets expand in terms of how fast the expansion starts to occur. I am guessing once they start coming apart, they really come apart.

Ya, I couldn't see a ring INCREASING b.c. but the expansion does make sense. It will be interesting to see how they work. Turning the highest b c target bullets into reliable hunting bullets would be pretty sweet!

My friend is the machinist for these nose tools.

I believe there is interaction between the adjusted cone that usually is generated ahead of the BSL-Nose junction and where the nose ring moves that forward. I believe different bullets with different BSL:OAL ratios will see different BC effects, both positive, perhaps neutral but mostly negative.

Over time I think we will see bullets with short to miedum length BSL see neutral to improved BC changes and long BSLs or shorter boat tails see negative results.

I also think you'd see velocity dependent results with this in the 1200-1600 fps range but not many shoot well enough to discern the differences and who's going to carry both types of ammo day to day to tell the difference?

I have seen the results of the nose ring on shot to shot BC consistency over an Oehler 88 and I can assure you the procedure and effects of the ring increase shot to shot consistency and waterline (at the cost of some BC).

There is a secondary effect of increased trace which seems odd but is definitely noticeable from the bullets I've watched.

Over the Oehler 88 the 131 ACEs performed very well compared to others in BC SD so we were quite happy with that. They are very consistent bullets, but once the tipping process becomes more streamlined into MFG, we will likely offer NR bullets to offer hunters more confidence (although the ACE is a true blue killer on its own).

Just got off the phone about an hour ago gaining a bit more momentum on the Hunting bullet! We've been tossing names around for over a year and a half but at some point we will have to settle on one.

HTR... Bulls Eye... Trump... Spade... etc. I think Bulls Eye conveys both Hunting and Match uses but we have not settled on the actual designation yet.

.......Just got off the phone about an hour ago gaining a bit more momentum on the Hunting bullet! We've been tossing names around for over a year and a half but at some point we will have to settle on one.

HTR... Bulls Eye... Trump... Spade... etc. I think Bulls Eye conveys both Hunting and Match uses but we have not settled on the actual designation yet.

I have an idea. Since you have a "Target Ace" you could call the hunting bullet a "Game King".