25 SST load data.

7mmultrafan

I know there is a post for the Sherman cartridges but wanted to keep this caliber specific. I'm wanting to run a 20-22" barrel surprised and wanted to see what everyone is running. Looking for load combos and opinions. This will be my do all rifle. Up to and maybe elk. Any information would be appreciated. I will be running a 1:7 twist barrel for sure.

I know there is a post for the Sherman cartridges but wanted to keep this caliber specific. I'm wanting to run a 20-22" barrel surprised and wanted to see what everyone is running. Looking for load combos and opinions. This will be my do all rifle. Up to and maybe elk. Any information would be appreciated. I will be running a 1:7 twist barrel for sure.
A lot of people run about 60 grs of H1000 with a 22" barrel. I would think about 54-55 hrs of RL23 would be a good choice

Think I'll bump this up... Have a barrel coming this spring. Seems like H1000 and Viht 565 (I think?) Were the popular choices. For some reason H4350 is in my head too? I have some of that on hand... Looking for data for the 130 class bullets

Think I'll bump this up... Have a barrel coming this spring. Seems like H1000 and Viht 565 (I think?) Were the popular choices. For some reason H4350 is in my head too? I have some of that on hand... Looking for data for the 130 class bullets
sherman load data here:
shermanwildcatcartridges,com

59-60 hrs of H1000 or 565 are pretty good. RL26 will run a little faster with 57-58 grs

Last edited:
Thanks Rich! Not sure I can find RL 26 right now but know I can with H1000 and pretty sure I have a place for 565.

I'll be ordering dies and brass from you in the next month or two, if not sooner 😁

I'm making a lightweight 18" suppressed hunting rifle that can still hammer way out there if I need it to. Very much looking forward to it

Thanks Lance. Wish the RL powders were easier to get right now... But I guess that goes for most things.

Knock on wood, I can get a jug of H1000 right now, so may do that just to secure powder up front.

Update, I found an 8lb jug of RL26 at a local shop, price wasn't atrocious. Very much looking forward to getting this rifle up and running.

Probably will start with the 134 Hornady bullets and also try the 133 bergers.

Don't have any load data but you may want to run calculations on bullet spin with a 7 twist vs 7.5 at your target speed. Most smiths I've talked to recommend a 7.5 for the fast 25s like the SST. Just something I've picked up on over the past few years but may be doable for your set up.