The 25 sst...up and running

Been talking with Blackjack, Lilja, and Rich. I'm getting pretty serious about building one of these. I have a collection of parts now just need a barrel.

I really want to run a Lilja 3 groove but they only offer 7 or 8 twist. I'd like to run a 7.5 twist.

How big of a deal is this? Am I making to much of it? I'm primarily in Indiana so low elevations and in all temp ranges from -0 to 100. Do I go 7 or 8? Do I find a different barrel manufacturer?

Been talking with Blackjack, Lilja, and Rich. I'm getting pretty serious about building one of these. I have a collection of parts now just need a barrel.

I really want to run a Lilja 3 groove but they only offer 7 or 8 twist. I'd like to run a 7.5 twist.

How big of a deal is this? Am I making to much of it? I'm primarily in Indiana so low elevations and in all temp ranges from -0 to 100. Do I go 7 or 8? Do I find a different barrel manufacturer?
I wouldn't be afraid of the 7 twist. You can also get a good 3 groover from benchmark though.

from the questions I have asked to rich and blackjack you will want 7 or 7.5.
if you really want 7.5 then go another direction on barrel. there are bartleins that will be ready in april through blackjacks site, got mine in 7.5

My barrel has a slight gain twist, starts at 7.25 then finishes around 7.12" I originally wanted to go with a 7.5 twist which puts me at SG=1.6 in most cases at low elevations with a 8 twist your right around 1.5 at marginal stability. At around 1000ft 60* my SG is 1.84 with the 7.12" running 131s at 3200fps 330,000 RPM. My 6.5 SS has close to the same SG 1.72 running 140 Bergers at 3180fps 286,000 RPM. I originally wanted to go with the 7.5 to drop the Rpms but I'm fine with the 7 for now and Sierra is known for their thicker jackets so we will see. I think 7.5 will be ideal for lower elevations but I wouldn't be afraid of a 7" twist.

Do I need to worry about installing Wyatt Mag and follower for the 25 SST?

Have your gunsmith notch the feed ramp or you will have feeding issues, a lot of die makers will machine you custom dies if you send them a reamer drawing or fired brass, although I don't know much about arbor presses or dies.

I fell in love with arbor dies at the range. They are so handy.

That was going to be my next question- do you have a specific Smith you would recommend?