TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

Pretty simple. Add a bag of ice to the bottom of a large ice chest throw in a hind quarter and a front shoulder, add some more ice throw in the other hind quarter and the front quarter and your trim and cover with ice.

Keep it closed up and drain as needed. The ice will melt fairly quickly at the beginning, but once the meat is cooled to the bone, the ice will last a long time. Replace ice as necessary. I've done two antelope and a deer this year so far with the ice aging method and left them for 12 days. I don't think it hurts to rotate the meat either but sometimes the ice gets really hard and it's hard to access the meat.

As you drain the water, it will be extremely bloody at first, but by the seventh or eighth day it's barely pink. I think it does a good job of removing all of the blood. Everything I've eaten has been very tender and mild.
I do something similar. Add meat and ice then I add water enough to cover meat, drain bloody water after a day. Add more ice and fill with water. Repeat until barely any blood in the water (about 4-5 days) it draws the blood out of the meat

I do something similar. Add meat and ice then I add water enough to cover meat, drain bloody water after a day. Add more ice and fill with water. Repeat until barely any blood in the water (about 4-5 days) it draws the blood out of the meat
It's been cold the last week. None of my ice is melting. I might add water to help clean out some blood. I like this idea.

Or run the 110 A-tips in a 6 Creed

Let bring this back to the top for any Neanderthals considering using a target bullet for hunting!

5 more kills with the 180 eldms so far this year. All exits, all golfball to softball.

Attachments

• IMG_9425.jpeg
    IMG_9425.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_9594.jpeg
    IMG_9594.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9472.jpeg
    IMG_9472.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 168
Yep, but antelope are not very hard to kill.
I saw an antelope this year that had a will to live unlike any animal I've ever seen. But yes, you're right, they're small and think skinned.

My wife did shoot her buck frontal, came out the spine. Severed it and the bullet kept going. Call it 26-30" of penetration including the spine.

Don't worry, I'll add some deer and elk when the seasons open. 😜

A 180 eldm has no business being shot at an animal you unethical sons of guns!! Oh wait…never mind. View attachment 410569
Venison!!!!

For a second I took your post title seriously and was like "really, AGAIN!?!?" 🤣

The 225 eld m out of my .300 win has proven to be a wonderfully fast killing hunting bullet.

Recent Posts