Tangent theta tt315h vs swarovski z8 2-16

baberuth43

Looking at some alpha glass for a long range hunting rig. Interested in hearing everyones opinions on both the swarovski z8's and the tt315h. Currently have a z5 3.5-18 would love to know what one could expect from making the jump to the next "tier" of glass?

Looking at some alpha glass for a long range hunting rig. Interested in hearing everyones opinions on both the swarovski z8's and the tt315h. Currently have a z5 3.5-18 would love to know what one could expect from making the jump to the next "tier" of glass?
If that Z5 comes up for sale, I'd be interested. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with any experience on these two. Glass should be great in both. Do you prefer FFP or SFP?
Honestly I have no preference between FFP and SFP. I do hunt well past dark for pigs & coyotes so lowlight is big factor. Glare while looking into the sun is another big one. Im sure both excel in both of these things, just mostly curious if anyone has had the chance to compare the two directly?

TT hands down and it's your final resting point in your ultimate search for King of Alpha Glass!!

Haven't looked thru a Z8/i, but other lesser Swaros. None of the Swaros had as much tendency to exhibit flare as the Tangent at sun up/down. That is the only con IMHO of the TT315 or 525. Your opinion may well vary. Hope you find the best choice for you - neither is going to be disappointing at this level.

TT hands down and it's your final resting point in your ultimate search for King of Alpha Glass!!
Welcome to the forum. The Tangent is the Rolls Royce of scopes. Optically, Turrets, Tracking, Fit & Finish it has it all and has absolutely earned it reputation. The Z8i is a great scope, but whereas a Corvette is a great sports car it's not a Ferrari
Please give a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss this when you have the time.

FFP or SFP will determine your purchase.
TT is only FFP
Swaro is only SFP

But if you are looking at strictly a comparison for glass and operation, TT is pretty much impossible to beat. The closest thing Swaro has is the X5i.

Haven't looked thru a Z8/i, but other lesser Swaros. None of the Swaros had as much tendency to exhibit flare as the Tangent at sun up/down. That is the only con IMHO of the TT315 or 525. Your opinion may well vary. Hope you find the best choice for you - neither is going to be disappointing at this level.
Ive read a few other post on some other forums mentioning the flare on these scopes. How does it compare to the flare of that of lesser scopes say vx3 range?

IMHO, it isn't any worse, better than many - just that one might expect better considering the expense. It is much like the ATACRs' I have. But Tangent beats all comers with regard to handling mirage, parallax adjustment and turret feel/function.