Tangent Theta vs ZCO vs Schmidt vs Kahles

Glass wise
Tt
Zco
S&b
Atacr 7-35. Eye box is much better over 5-25.

Strength
Atacr
Tt
Zco
S&b

Ive broken every single one of them except zco i broke 3 of them.
That being said tt overnighted scope there and back. 3 total days gone from it breaking. There in canada.

Zco all 3 no questions which we think arc rings were culprit. But i had each back less then week.

Atacr gone 6 weeks came back fixed tho.
Off subject but to the rings remark on arc possibly breaking the scope, did they think it was due to torque specs or something else. Reason I ask is I've heard this from a few others as well.

TT as Lance says is No.1....i don't own one because I just can't justify the price for my needs...but if I had the money I'd definitely have 2! I have had the pleasure of shooting with them on several occasions and.....well....they are just plain sweet! And Canadian made too Boot!😊
The way I look at it, I think it would be nice to have one on my main long range elk rifle (hence the one I bought) that I use every year from a stand on my private ranch. I know my shots could be as close as 400 yards to as far as 850 yards from that stand with the shots usually presenting themselves around 650 yards. Since I hunt that same stand position every year with a heavy rifle, I figured why not have an expensive TT on it since it's generally used every single year. Now I will probably end up wanting one on my best deer rifle also before it's over I can already tell. So 2 of them for me I think will be enough. Probably a 5-25 though for my favorite fixed position deer stand rifle (custom 7PRC). Anything else I build will have either Nightforce or Leupold or Kahles on it cause I already have several of those brands stored up.

My Gunsmith just sent me a picture of my rifle that the Tangent Theta is gonna be mounted on. He put a Nightforce ATACR on it to go shoot it this weekend at the range but I will be putting the new TT on it when it arrives. Here's a quick picture of it with the custom painted snow/ice colored KUIU camo Ridgeback stock, BAT Vesper action, 4" mag box, 30" Bartlein 9.3 twist barrel, trigger tech trigger, and 4 port side discharge unknown munitions muzzle brake. Figured I'd share it with the group!

Attachments

• IMG_8939.png
    IMG_8939.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Ok, I don't know what tunneling mean's. Can someone explain it to me.
When reducing mag power, some scopes will get to a point the FOV doesn't increase and it looks like the perimeter of your view goes black. Like looking thru a tunnel.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

My Gunsmith just sent me a picture of my rifle that the Tangent Theta is gonna be mounted on. He put a Nightforce ATACR on it to go shoot it this weekend at the range but I will be putting the new TT on it when it arrives. Here's a quick picture of it with the custom painted snow/ice colored KUIU camo Ridgeback stock, BAT Vesper action, 4" mag box, 30" Bartlein 9.3 twist barrel, trigger tech trigger, and 4 port side discharge unknown munitions muzzle brake. Figured I'd share it with the group!
Perfect....and yup....God obviously calls you.... when he needs a loan!!!! She's a beauty! Congrats

Since there is a pretty good amount of knowledge to be found in the posters here, can someone inform me as to the differences in the TT315 models.

Professional, Marksman, Long Range Hunter

Weight, turrets and length? What about the rest of each scope. I see Professional is 34mm tube and the other two are 30mm tubes.

I found their glass very different. TT brighter, less contrast, less color, better FOV, better DOF and no finicky parallax. I prefer the color of the ZCO, but given the comparative downsides, I'd go TT even if they had the same reticles.

Since there is a pretty good amount of knowledge to be found in the posters here, can someone inform me as to the differences in the TT315 models.

Professional, Marksman, Long Range Hunter

Weight, turrets and length? What about the rest of each scope. I see Professional is 34mm tube and the other two are 30mm tubes.
I don't have a Professional but some differences between the Marksman and LRH:
Marksman - exposed turrets, multiple reticles available, 27.8 ounces
LRH - covered turrets pull the cap up and it locks in, you then dial and push the cap back down. so turrets aren't exposed to possibly spin. LRH reticle is a bolder reticle with mil dots. same weight as the M.
Scopes are identical length etc...

@lancetkenyon can go much further in depth than me.