tangent theta 3-15 hunter

eoperator

I am thinking I "need" a tangent theta 3-15 hunter moa. Anyone out there have similar scope that would be willing to share pros and cons of your experience with it?
thanks, mark

There are least a couple of guys here running these scopes - you should get some data soon. I have the 315M w/ Gen3XR only cons I know of are price and maybe weight. Don't think you'll find a better view in anything else. Maybe a couple that edge it out in light-gathering.

I've got an x5 as well. Both have excellent glass. The parallax on the TT is absolutely phenomenal. After couple hundred yards I hardly have to touch it.

I have four TT315M. It is my go-to "lightish" hunting scope. I shoot mine out past 1500 with zero issues, other than "only" having 12MIL of elevation travel. Tough to shoot a 6CM w. 105 Hyb past 1400, have to dial, and then use holdovers/wind holds too. But the Gen 2XR really helps.
The TT315H is basically the same scope with locking turrets and a simpler reticle. Absolutely top-tier. You will not regret it.

Pros: everything but price
Cons: price

In comparison to others, I don't have an Exos, but I have three S&B PMIIs. Glass is slightly better on the TTs than the S&Bs. But you have to sit down and compare and spend a lot of time to see the difference.

I don't own any Swaro scopes, because they are SFP. But I have shot behind 30+ X5, Z5, Z6, Z8, and a DS.

I have: TT315M, ZCO 4-20, S&B PMII, Kahles K318i, Premier Heritage and Heritage Light Tactical.

Last edited:
I have both 3-15M Gen 2 and the H. In my opinion its hands down the best performing lightest weight FFP scope on the market. Price aside, the only con I could nit pick is the M w\gen2 reticle is a little thin on low power. This is solved with the hunter reticle in the H model. However, I have had no issues shooing the Gen 2 inside 100 yds.
I have the H on my 6.5PRC, my whitetail rig, and the Gen 2 will be on my 300 Norma, elk rig, once it's finished.
There is a reason these don't come up for sale often on any form.
I have had most of the alpha glass out there, ZCO, S&B, Kahles, Swarovski, and the TT is the one I have kept.

I've got a 315M with Gen2Mildot. Zero issues or concerns regarding the mechanics. Mine is a newer version and the mag ring tension doesn't have the stiffness issue of older versions. Turrets are second to none. The G2M reticle pairs well with the 3-15 magnification range. Optically, the Tangent is phenomenal. Depth of field is outstanding. Weight was dead nuts as advertised.

The eyebox on the ZCO I think is better. I also prefer the reticle and controls of the ZCO over Tangent. But for a light(ish) weight do-everything optic, the 3-15 Tangent is probably the best choice on the market currently.

I was planning on buying another exos but after all the rave reviews of the tt 3-15 you guys have changed my mind. It will be a couple months before rifle is completed so hopefully can find a fair priced used if not I will have to snag a new one. Thank you guys for your time.

I have four TT315M. It is my go-to "lightish" hunting scope. I shoot mine out past 1500 with zero issues, other than "only" having 12MIL of elevation travel. Tough to shoot a 6CM w. 105 Hyb past 1400, have to dial, and then use holdovers/wind holds too. But the Gen 2XR really helps.
The TT315H is basically the same scope with locking turrets and a simpler reticle. Absolutely top-tier. You will not regret it.

Pros: everything but price
Cons: price

In comparison to others, I don't have an Exos, but I have three S&B PMIIs. Glass is slightly better on the TTs than the S&Bs. But you have to sit down and compare and spend a lot of time to see the difference.

I don't own any Swaro scopes, because they are SFP. But I have shot behind 30+ X5, Z5, Z6, Z8, and a DS.

I have: TT315M, ZCO 4-20, S&B PMII, Kahles K318i, Premier Heritage and Heritage Light Tactical.
How does the Kahles K318 and ZComp compare optically to the TT? Resolution, edge, CA, and especially low light? I'm really looking for another optic in that 18 and under mag and just can't decide.

The ZCO is vwry close optically to the TT. Possibly even better than S&B. But heavier by 7oz.

The Kahles is nice, very nice. But I can see differences to the TT. But a great package nonetheless. And when you can find them used for $2k, they are well worth the price.

We have sold a bunch of these Tangent's and as well stated above the pros are numerous. IMO, once you get into this price range you should get exactly what you want and the best possible and the TT is certainly a contender. Our pleasure to discuss this with you, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes