Talk Some Sense Into Me

I believe about 90% of a guns accuracy potential is in the barrel. Factory stuff (while getting better) is a big gamble. If you want the highest probability of a accurate rifle, then do a semi/full custom gun. Savage has about the easiest barrel swap and generally shoot well out of the 📦. IMO this is your lowest risk option. With the shortage of available guns, you better buy something when you find it.

I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of looking for a good rifle, reading reviews on the internet, and then second guessing myself.
Currently, I'm really liking the features that come with the Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed A-TACS AU in .243 Win, but reading online comments gives me a little hesitation. This rifle has all of the features that I want and more, but what kind of accuracy can I expect from this rifle?
My purpose is Coyotes and groundhogs at 200-400 yards and most likely not high-volume.
Am I making a mistake looking at this particular rifle, or am I overthinking this?
Should I be looking at the Tikka T3X rifles instead?
I have allotted about $1,000 for the glass, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Talk some sense into me.
You're a grown man and you need someone to tell you what rifle to buy?? Do you need someone to help you drive to your hunting spot too? Now I know why I don't read these things!

I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of looking for a good rifle, reading reviews on the internet, and then second guessing myself.
Currently, I'm really liking the features that come with the Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed A-TACS AU in .243 Win, but reading online comments gives me a little hesitation. This rifle has all of the features that I want and more, but what kind of accuracy can I expect from this rifle?
My purpose is Coyotes and groundhogs at 200-400 yards and most likely not high-volume.
Am I making a mistake looking at this particular rifle, or am I overthinking this?
Should I be looking at the Tikka T3X rifles instead?
I have allotted about $1,000 for the glass, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Talk some sense into me.
Look into a Bergara ad well heard nothing but good about them. Tikka.Bergara,Seekins,Christensen then maybe an XBolt worked with one last year in a 28 Nosler was totally impressed

The browning I had, worst shooting rifle I've had. It Had every feature I wanted. But browning customer service pretty well said it was good enough. They said 1.5 moa is acceptable for their "long range" rifle . 10+ week turn around to "look at it".

Spend the money get a custom or build your own.

Better put my '2 cents' in before this one gets locked…🤣😂🤣

Should you consider outside your list, the Savage rifles' out of the box accuracy and DIY friendliness is hard to beat.

ADDED: For you consideration, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/savage-flat-back-6-5-284-norma-in-a-game-warden.274283/. I understand it is not your choice chambering but it's an excellent alternative.

Having said that, go with what you think best suits your need/want, you will be much happier that way. Good luck!
^^^This^^^ 😉

One possible option: go to a gun shop. Buy a decent used rifle for $300 or $400. Immediately replace the barrel with a top quality barrel. There have been numerous threads on this forum about custom barrels. Which ones people like, etc. I suspect you will get much better accuracy then you would from buying a factory gun. What I'm saying is I don't believe that any factory barrel is close to as good as a top quality custom barrel. On top of that, it should actually cost you less. This gives you more money for the next rifle you're going to build😆 just my two cents worth.
Aww man, that can lead to some serious addiction

Go to some gun shops and handle the Browning and Tikka. Your heart will tell you which to pick. If after a while you decide you don't like it, sell or trade it.
Whatever a guy has as his latest "newfangled" purchase is generally what people will suggest. Alternately, some folks will just spew what they heard or read with no experience with a product whatsoever.

<SNIPPED STUFF>
Feed that demon and buy 2, why settle for 1 when you know your going to want another right after. So get ahead of that curve with 2. I'd buy a third just cause Joe doesn't want you to. <SNIPPED STUFF>

Brother! Welcome back to Gun Club. Excellent advice. The bit about Joe gets your card renewed for another year, too.

Looks like the OP is getting a Browning, a Tikka, and a Savage, just to have a switchbarrel play thing.

You guys are doing great helping a member feed that itch. A single gun? Crazy talk. More is better! @capona nailed it.

I have had more than one factory rifle to disappoint me. Two 700 C grades. I re barreled them. I have used many of the name brand barrels, I have one at Hart now, over a year. Hart is worth the wait. I am always looking for an action to build on. I am a hunter but I demand match accuracy. Alot of excellent custom actions out there but you are looking at a grand and the possibly another grand for a top barrel maker. Then stock and trigger. Hold your breath and roll the dice, good luck my friend.

If you are just varmint shooting at no more than 400 yards (This is just my opinion and has just the value of some guys opinion btw) then the first thing is get the right caliber for the right job, that is the most available and economical for what you're shooting. So I know I'm gonna get beat up on this one but .223 is more common and available and you can get decent and accurate match grade that won't break the bank.. Hell I'd even consider X39 with a Nikon BDC for what you're going for. If you don't like those 6.5 Creedmoor would be my next choice.
Plus why not reload. It's not that expensive and the reloading will go a long way towards better accuracy with a decent rifle.

Nobody mentioned them as options so here goes ( I think I will get beat up a little). Mauser has the M18 that promises sub MOA and has great reviews and they have different models of the M18 starting at 699$
Howa makes some very good rifles and they have sub 1K$ model with an Oryx Chassis

Now for my you must be crazy or plain stupid pick and my personal favorite the good old Ruger American.. it will give you sub moa with a little bit of work in the garage and a good muzzle brake and you can find those brand new for around 500$

Bottom line if you are just starting get a decent gun that you can throw around beat up and use for various things until you get up to the point where you know what you want. I think more important than thinking about is just go ahead and plunge in with both feet and get what you want. All I am saying is get you something that is a good all around gun that you will keep even after you outgrow it.

My Hells Canyon McMillan is the MOST accurate factory rifle I ever owned. Mine is a 6.5 Creed and will easily shoot under .5moa at 400yds. It actually shot a group under 1/2" at 400yds but that had a fair helping of luck added.

The only thing I did to my Browning was upgrade the trigger.
WhT trigger did you put in if you don't mind me asking