Talk about a “close call”!!! 😳😳😳

Deputy819

So, I got sent out to the Interstate today on multiple Non-Injury collisions due to storms with heavy downpours. This was one of them. Family of 4 from Sioux Falls, South Dakota driving through my county on Interstate 64 had their windshield perforated (nearly compartment intrusion) by a rather large hunk of metal that must have came off a vehicle hauling scrap metal in front of it. I say 'must have' because the rains were so heavy that they did not actually see where it came from. Their 25 yoa daughter was driving at the time and suffered a couple minor scrapes on her face from flying glass shards, but that was it. Everyone in the vehicle was covered in glass. Folks, It wouldn't have taken much more force to make this a really tragic event for the driver of this vehicle…….and get this….today was actually her birthday!! I told them after they finished up at the rental car place that they needed to go to Cracker Barrel and and have the best family dinner they've ever had for they had MUCH to celebrate…..and then go buy some lottery tickets!!! 😇
3750B223-CF36-4ABD-80E7-2DA17AFF4F30.jpeg8E5BA41E-E261-447C-ABC4-64D6429F71E8.jpeg6AD6C8C4-A915-4194-892F-DF9D185E49E1.jpeg
49DF984B-660D-494B-BA1E-AED33C0E748C.jpeg1C3379E8-C71C-4BE4-A7AD-0FE3438C2D39.jpeg5BE62C53-2412-4907-BDE5-9FB3796559C3.jpeg

So, I got sent out to the Interstate today on multiple Non-Injury collisions due to storms with heavy downpours. This was one of them. Family of 4 from Sioux Falls, South Dakota driving through my county on Interstate 64 had their windshield perforated (nearly compartment intrusion) by a rather large hunk of metal that must have came off a vehicle hauling scrap metal in front of it. I say 'must have' because the rains were so heavy that they did not actually see where it came from. Their 25 yoa daughter was driving at the time and suffered a couple minor scrapes on her face from flying glass shards, but that was it. Everyone in the vehicle was covered in glass. Folks, It wouldn't have taken much more force to make this a really tragic event for the driver of this vehicle…….and get this….today was actually her birthday!! I told them after they finished up at the rental car place that they needed to go to Cracker Barrel and and have the best family dinner they've ever had for they had MUCH to celebrate…..and then go buy some lottery tickets!!! 😇
View attachment 285511View attachment 285512View attachment 285513
View attachment 285514View attachment 285515View attachment 285516
I always say that there are ANGELS on our shoulders every second-some good and some bad. This was a GOOD ANGEL!

We all know this could've ended much differently and often does, after seeing this I ask that people think more about our law-enforcement personnel. it's a tough job not even talking about angry people or fighting with people I'm talking about the psychological effects of seeing things on a daily basis that you just don't want to see. thank you very much Deputy 819 for the job you do every day!