tactical drag bag/rifle case 50" rifle purchase.

wyoming4x4

hello shooters. looking to purchase a tactical drag bag and a hard case. My 7 ultramag, bell and carlson tactical stock with a vortex scope and bi pod. total length is 50" from butt to end of rifle barrel. just shopping around for a drag bag and hard case probably a 2 gun hard case and seperate drag bags. will shop around for a bit and any suggestions are welcome on good, bad and ugly of certain items. My first long gun and getting educated. thanks from wyoming.gun)

I bought a 54"drag bag case from mid way about a year ago. It is a nice case and well paded with a lot of storage. As for a hard case that long, look at the pelican 1770. I dont know of any long double gun hard cases, someone must make them. Also cabeleas has the long aluminum cases.

bliazzard talking to a 4x4. perfect storm sounds like to me. thanks for info and will check into shortly. new rifle needs some new gear. built up a 7rum lilja barrel 30" and my first long gun. built rifle to the bullet and learning from here.gun)

wyomingblizzard Re: tactical drag bag/rifle case 50" rifle purchase.
I bought a 54"drag bag case from mid way about a year ago. It is a nice case and well paded with a lot of storage.
thanks wyoblizzard! bag ordered 56". gun)

Thank you both for posting this. I too am in the market for the same item for my .270 AI with 30" barrel + MB, it's just shy of 55". Before this post, I was leaning towards http://www.prone2success.com/pouchside.jpg with hesitation as it does not seem to have the sufficient padding for the required protection during transport to/from range/hunting area.

Looks like Midway's (MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Scoped Rifle Case) is the ticket!

Thanks again!

Ed

My rifle is a 7rum sendero with lilja 30" and brake. bell and carlson tactical stock. vortex viper scope. 51"overall length. 56" bag will work nice and some room. hopefully be home in a week from work. always cool to by toys for toys. thanks wyo blizzard. seems to be a subject that needed to be brought up.gun)

I have both a TacForce Drag Bag and one of the Midway bags. The midway bag is nice, but feels cheap compared to the TacForce. The weave on the fabric isn't as tight, the zippers don't feel as solid, and the stitching isn't as nice.

Both will work, but when if I'm riding in on a bike or a long hike in I use the TacForce bag.

Andrew

thanks for info on better quality bag. needed something now and midway will have to work. will check out the other bags. adios amigo and keep on shootin!
gun)

New tactical bag arrived from midway, 56"works perfect. now have a place to store my bore cleaning rod also. this is a nice bag and very pleased. think i spent around $97.00 with shipping to my house. bought the brown bag and looks good. lots of storage if necessary, no complaints. will check into the other tactical bag mentioned and if of better quality it must be very nice. adios amigo's!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.