Rifle Case for airlines

I have the monster Pelican 1770 and carry three 50 inch rifles with scopes and bipods. Comes in right under 100 pounds loaded. The case alone is 41 pounds. its been through airports and the mail system a few times. Great case.

Is there something narrower than the Pelican 1750. I have one, but something about 12" tall would be perfect. The Pelican comes in at around 15", and is too wide for 1 rifle.

I have the Pelican 1750, as well. I put my ammo and binos and various other things that I don't want broken into my case with my rifle or shotgun.

That Cabela's (I mean Bass Pro), case looks like the perfect size.

I can't figure out why the Pelican case is 16". That is just over kill for even a 50mm scope. Adds weight, etc, etc

If you are flying Alaska Air I would suggest a custom case made from minimum 3/4" AR 500 steal plate. These folks are ROUGH on $#it. LOL

Shipped a 40 pound anvil and 2' piece of rubber hose once from Fairbanks to Spokane and by the time they got there neither were recognizable.

Here ya go. Military Surplus - 64" long Navy Seal Team gun cases. $80 plus shipping. Search Kalispel Impact Gun Case on FleaBay. Drive a tank over them and you'll damage the tank track. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.