Airline Rifle Case?

My Hardigg/Pelican cases have survived several trips abroad with scratches and scars but no damage. I put both rifles in soft cases. Removed the bolts and put them in the pocket of each soft case. The soft case often comes in handy when you are on site. I usually have space to add a few more items in such as binoculars, range finder, hunting knife, etc. that I want to have with me in the field. Especially my lucky knife... The TuffPak case looks good, but I have not used one.

You may know this already, but be sure to check with your air carriers (all of them) to verify the rules and regulations on traveling with ammo. It an vary by carrier or jurisdiction. Double check if you are taking handloads without OEM packaging.

Ditto on the TuffPak,,,, been all over the world with it many times and never had one issue. Most people think its a golf traveling bag.. great product

My Pelican has been to Africa several times. It's built like a tank and the custom foam insert holds everything perfectly. Remember to take the bolt out for traveling. The only issue I've had is the airline broke one of the lugs between JFK and SLC on the way home once. Pelican sent me new parts free of charge. Easy to fix.

Don't know if still available, but when I worked at a LGS I got a great deal on 2 Winchester aluminium cases, a single and a double.
They have both been to Africa, New Zealand 2 dozen times and back and forth from Melbourne Australia to Darwin and small plane flights to bush camps as well as Alaska 3 times.
Apart from a few dings and scratches, they have always held up very well. The rifles have never come in contact with each other in the double case. I have even sent them through the post empty and have come back full without a hiccup.

Cheers.

My Pelican held up to two trips to Alaska. After that plenty of days out to training sites and local hunting excursions.

Recent Posts