Suppressor choice

Ok, I have questions...... I am trying to decide on my first suppressor choice, but am having a hard time finding info on some cans. First off, I will only consider a can that is 300 win mag+ rated, needs to be below 20oz, and below $750. I have looked at the silencerco harvester 30, and the dead air sandman ti in person, and did not like the harvester at all. I'd love to go with a sig srd-762 if I could find one, but I will be buying cans that I can handle in person only which means they have to be in stock locally. I am going to get a chance to fondle a yhm 3400ti soon also. So right now my main beef is between the sandman ti, and the yhm 3400ti. I can get both of these cans for $700, both are direct thread, and 15 or 16oz. Which is a better buy at $700? This can will be on 223, 243, 260(primary rifle for can), 284 win, 280 AI, and 300 win mag. I am open to other cans that fit my criteria, and can be commonly found in stock.(if there is such a thing) any real world information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

My brother has a Harvester. I got to try it out a couple of weeks ago. I did not like the way it attached. Plus it was not as quite as I thought it should be. Our local shop had a sale today and I ended up putting a Omega in jail. The factory reps were there. They said the Omega was much lighter and quieter than the harvester. I paid $799. Included with the Omega is a quick thread muzzle brake for a 308(reg$92). This makes attachment quick and easy. You can purchase this same quick thread brake sized for your 223 and use your Omega on it.

What price did u get the bravo for? I live in Montana, so it should also be a viable local option. How heavy is it?

IIRC, I paid $760 for it and I was given a free wrap worth $50 something for being military/retiree. It weighs 30 ounces but if you call them, they can custom made it to your requirement. Dale Poling in the video is the one you need to talk to and his wife Kathy for ordering.

This thing is built like a tank, check this video out ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/qi6_os9-H9E?t=264[/ame]

Omega

I have done a lot of research

but I am certainly open to suggestions

plan to purchase one for my Christmas present. Hope I will have it by next Christmas.

Unfortunatly for myself, there is not an omega being stocked anywhere near me, nor in my price range if they were. So I'm still looking for info on the yhm, and sandman ti. Right now I'm leaning twards the sandman ti fairly heavily, is there any reason I should doubt this choice? Do I need a gut-check, or am I on the right track?

The Dakota Silencer baffles are titanium also? Which cartridge is it being used with on your rifle?

First of all, I would say that you will barely notice the difference in sound. I would buy a .30 cal can. I have a Dead Air Sandman L for the QD feature and also shoot it off a 6.5 CM and 7mm RM. I also have a Dakota Varminter 3.0 (its a Mack Bothers, labeled for DS) thats all Ti and is direct thread. I think it might be quieter, and its light. HOWEVER, I would not buy a suppressor until Trump takes office so we can see what he does with the NFA as it applies to cans. It is likely, in my opinion you will be able to buy a can as easily and quickly any other firearm.

Has Trump said anything about suppressors specifically? Also what exactly has he said about the NFA? I need to keep up on me news better, but it seems like the NFA would be a little low on the totem pole compared to other issues at hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.