Suppressor choice

TC338

I'm interested in purchasing my first suppressor. I'm looking for the quietest can I can get. Obviously the lighter the better, but length is not really a consideration for my intend use. Needs to be .30 cal so that I can use it in my 6.5 as well as a future 300 of some sort. I've looked at the harvester evo and the TBAC ultra 9. What suggestions do you guys with first hand experience suggest?

The harvester evo is light and cheap, but I doubt is that quiet compared to something bigger and heavier and more expensive cans.

Light, quiet, cheap. Pick 2, you can't have all 3 is my guess...🤣

Nomad LT, Sandman L, Tracy ultra 9, and other are all probably quieter than the evo. They are more $$$ and heavier though.

I am not bashing the Evo, I have 1 in jail right now, but I bought it for being light and cheap to put on a hunting rifle to pack in the hills with. I don't expect it to have the best/lowest sound because of how small it is.

We've been fortunate to test a lot.

By FAR, the clear frontrunner has been the TBAC Magnus.

Unbelievable, from 300 RUM on down to 223, I have yet to find a better fit for our needs/uses.

The TBAC 338 ultra is phenomal as well, however - the standard CB brake on the magnus fits our needs better for multi use.

I went with the Nomad30. I was torn between it and a TBAC but ultimately I thought the the Nomad was more versatile first can choice since it's SS and will handle a little more abuse on a AR with less back pressure but still works on a bolt action. Pew Science has some good info that helped me a lot with my decision.

I would look for something shorter than an ultra 9 personally.

I have a 10" can and the length can get frustrating. The extra 2-3 db is nice, but the convenience of 2" less is too. I think you still get 90% of the suppression benefit and the length is so much nicer with shorter cans. Not k cans, just that 7" midrange. I like my omegas length better, and honestly wish I had just bought an ultra 7 when I started

My vote is either TBAC Ultra 9 Gen 2 .308 or TBAC Magnus.

If you want shorter, the TBAC Dominus is awesome at only 6.25".

I think one of the biggest drawbacks to the TBAC cans minus the Magnus with the hub thread option is that they don't use the universal 1.375x24 thread pitch. So unless you run it DT your stuck using their attachment system.

I'm interested in purchasing my first suppressor. I'm looking for the quietest can I can get. Obviously the lighter the better, but length is not really a consideration for my intend use. Needs to be .30 cal so that I can use it in my 6.5 as well as a future 300 of some sort. I've looked at the harvester evo and the TBAC ultra 9. What suggestions do you guys with first hand experience suggest?

I think one of the biggest drawbacks to the TBAC cans minus the Magnus with the hub thread option is that they don't use the universal 1.375x24 thread pitch. So unless you run it DT your stuck using their attachment system.
You can use the area 419 system with them

That's what I use with my TBAC 338 Ultra. Super easy to swap to different rifles, and the adapters are relatively cheap compared to other options.