Suppressor choice

HOWEVER, I would not buy a suppressor until Trump takes office so we can see what he does with the NFA as it applies to cans. It is likely, in my opinion you will be able to buy a can as easily and quickly as any other firearm.

That would be nice, but could take some time, unless changed by executive order. Anyone know if it can be changed without going thru House & Senate? In Europe, suppressor use is encouraged. I'd have better hearing if the same policies had been practiced in the USA.

Has Trump said anything about suppressors specifically? Also what exactly has he said about the NFA? I need to keep up on me news better, but it seems like the NFA would be a little low on the totem pole compared to other issues at hand.

Agreed! It's not going to be your last and only suppressor, so why not start enjoying them now. :cool::Dgun)

Also, just an FYSA for what it is worth, got this from Eliteiron's site ...

Titanium suppressors do have a limited life due to the nature of burning propellant reacting with the titanium (Erosion)

Haven't heard Trumps position on suppressors, but the hearing protection act has been introduced in the house and has several sponsors. With this republican congress, I wouldn't be surprised to see them off the NFA. That being said, I'm not buying anything else, can wise, until it is decided.

Haven't heard Trumps position on suppressors, but the hearing protection act has been introduced in the house and has several sponsors. With this republican congress, I wouldn't be surprised to see them off the NFA. That being said, I'm not buying anything else, can wise, until it is decided.

Trump Jr. is a big fan of suppressors, and the HPA. He'll help push it along on Big Don's 2nd Amendment preservation plan. He even talks about it in the video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vlu2G5UkXk[/ame]

With this republican congress, I wouldn't be surprised to see them off the NFA. That being said, I'm not buying anything else, can wise, until it is decided.

That would to prompt me to purchase. Probably won't unless the permit and fee is eliminated.

That would to prompt me to purchase. Probably won't unless the permit and fee is eliminated.

You don't have to have a "permit" to buy a suppressor. You just fill out a Form 4 transfer, pay your money, give all the info the Form 4 requires, submit it all, and wait...And wait...And wait...And wait... Then they approve you, send your tax stamp and approval paperwork back to your FFL, then they call you and you tell you to come pick up your can and finish up the paperwork.

I don't have the patience...Or the money to have that much floating out in limbo for that long. Soon as the HPA passes, I'm going to the store to buy 3 or 4...Right over the counter with a 4473 and an instant NICS check.

I don't have the patience...Or the money to have that much floating out in limbo for that long. Soon as the HPA passes, I'm going to the store to buy 3 or 4...Right over the counter with a 4473 and an instant NICS check.
:D

Same here. Well... Maybe only 1 or 2...:)

:D

Same here. Well... Maybe only 1 or 2...:)

I figure 4 should cover my needs... Liberty Regulator, Obsidian .45, Thunderbeast Ultra-7 6.5mm, Thunderbeast Ultra-7 .30 cal. :cool:

Possibly a Gemtech Mist-22 Integral for my 10/22...But it shoots so good now, thinking maybe just thread my nice aftermarket heavy barrel that's already on it and use the Liberty Regulator on it, as well.

Only had to wait for 4 months for mine ... but my life did not stop during the waiting period. :D:cool:gun)

I had it on my hands before I knew it and ready for my intended purpose.

I have been looking and researching Cans since last July and have decided on the Dragoon 7.62 from Freedom Armory Machine Works. It is advertised as good from .22LR up to .300 Weatherby Mag. More expensive at $995 (for Direct Attach), but All Ti construction (except SS Spring on QD Mount ) and can be quickly and easily disassembled, including Baffles and All piece-parts, for cleaning, ultra sonic or solution. Weighs 13oz in QD form, 11.95 as Direct Connect (specs here -http://www.famachineworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/12-16_Final-Dragoon-Sell-Sheet_trim.pdf ). All individual parts are also available from Freedom Armory Machine Works. I tried to embed a video showing Can assembly, but couldn't figure it out, so go here: Products - Freedom Armory Machine Works for the Attach and Disassemble video.

I have purchased and am waiting on the paperwork for the Approval. I have heard that Trump will sign the bill that will take Suppressors off the NFA of 1934. I think it is part of the Hearing Protection legislation and entitle purchasers of Suppressors after October 2015 to a Tax Stamp Refund ... but that's another matter.

Something to think about if the HPA passes is that Suppressor demand could go through the roof. So you could wait for it to pass and become law which may take a year or two just to wait a long time to even get one because of demand, all to save $200, or pay a premium because they can't make them fast enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.