Super Fast Twist Barrels for Hammer Bullets

If everybody would quite ordering barrel from them, it wouldn't take that long.🤣 Must have something that everybody wants, including me. 😁
I got lucky one day poking around at Southern Precision, and they had four .284 Bartleins in stock with the twist rate, length, and contour, that I was looking for. So, I took two off their hands.

It's a lesson learned
What took place? To hard to drive it down the tube? I know you had enough powder to push it anyway you wanted to go. I know I keep looking at twist rate, and kind of wonder about it. Either to much or to little. I note sometime back with loading in 220 swift that the 55gr was slowed down to 3600fps in a manual. It was changed to a 1-12 twist rate, and my with a 1-14 rate is 3900+fps. It had me going until I saw the twist rate was faster. I can remember when the 22/250 came out. They worked on trying to show it was just as fast at the 220 Swift. At the same time claining it wasn't a barrel burner.

What took place? Too hard to drive it down the tube? I know you had enough powder to push it anyway you wanted to go. I know I keep looking at twist rate, and kind of wonder about it. Either to much or to little. I note sometime back with loading in 220 swift that the 55gr was slowed down to 3600fps in a manual. It was changed to a 1-12 twist rate, and my with a 1-14 rate is 3900+fps. It had me going until I saw the twist rate was faster. I can remember when the 22/250 came out. They worked on trying to show it was just as fast at the 220 Swift. At the same time claining it wasn't a barrel burner.
The faster I tried to push the bullet the more the tight twist pushed back

I'm really curious about an increase in terminal performance of Hammer and Cutting edge bullets. With faster twist barrels.

I see bullets like Makers, Barnes and discreet Ballistics bullets are benefiting from high twist rates. 1:3 for 8.6 and 1:5 for 300BLK. The 8.6 with a 1:3 is spinning a 210gr Barnes 500k RPM

I myself am looking at a 416 Rigby with a 1:8-1:9 barrel. It will double the RPM and quadruple the rotational KE over the 1:16.5

I went off on a tangent. Anyways just curious terminally how faster twist rates and non conventional bullets work together
I'm a bit confused here. What is the purpose of that much twist?

I'm just curious if you get a super fast twist barrel are you committed to monos only? I think I read from Litiz that you can over spin jacketed bullets. I know that I tried shooting a hornady bullet out of a 7x300 weatherby to 1000 yds and they were blowing up and never made it.

I'm just curious if you get a super fast twist barrel are you committed to monos only? I think I read from Litiz that you can over spin jacketed bullets. I know that I tried shooting a hornady bullet out of a 7x300 weatherby to 1000 yds and they were blowing up and never made it.
No Sir! The bullets blowing up has more to do with the quality of the bullet/construction/design.

I have a 1:7" on my .257 WBY to primarily propel the heavies (131s, 133/135s, 145s, etc.), but I have shot 110/115 factory cup and core without any issues. I have also asked Berger Tech Support if I can still shoot the 115s, and they said no problem and to have fun with it. There are also guys here that shoot the 115s in a 1:7" without no issues. Hopefully, they will chime in.

Interesting. I wonder if this is really a place for gain twist as opposed to straight twist.
I, too, find the gain twist interesting, as well as the MRR (https://www.sabatti.it/en/mrr-rifling). I might have to explore it on my next project build.
It is my understanding that straight fast twists cause bullets to skid down the barrel ripping a std jacket of….or at least damaging it.

I don't really have any idea about gain twist. Can I start at like 9 twist and finish at 7 twist, or is that too aggressive?
See #40.