Sub 600$ scope new and used

Bigeclipse

I have a buddy who wants to get a new scope for a rig he is putting together. He would like a max of 14-20 power and a min of 3-4.5 power. What would be your suggestions for him to buy new and then also what should he keep his eyes out for in the used market? I've been out of the scope buying game some time now so I don't know what new models are out. Please don't say...he should save more money etc. just trying to get a list of new scopes and used scopes. He is more of a buy new person but I'm trying to convince him to look in the used market as well. This will be a hunting scope and he is not a long range person. Max distance he likely will shoot will be 500 yards when he hunts with me.

Mine was FFP it didn't have and wind holds inside the 2 mil circle. It was designed to be used at lower power for hunting. There's several different reticles. The z-plex looked to be a nice hunting reticle.

I got the z-plus reticle, and not only would the scope not fit my gun, in my rings, but I didn't care for the big center dot on the reticle either.

What do you mean it wouldn't fit your gun?

I literally had almost zero movement once the scope was in the rings, to get eye relief correct, and when I got it as close as I could, I couldn't turn the power selector, because it was touching the base. This was with Hawkins LR Hybrids on a LA Rem 700.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.