used spotting scope or new

new shooter

Will it looks like my 338 ax is about done so i nead a good spotting scope. Where would you look for the best buy for a used or new highend spotting scope.

You sprung for the AX, I see no reason to settle for anything less than a new spotting scope.

By that I would presume that you understand that I mean a spotter of at least the same quality as the AX.

Same goes for Binos.

Don'tcha just love the cash flow around here.

You sprung for the AX, I see no reason to settle for anything less than a new spotting scope.

By that I would presume that you understand that I mean a spotter of at least the same quality as the AX.

Same goes for Binos.

Don'tcha just love the cash flow around here.

ROY i would like to find a used swarovski hd spotting scope or a Kowa prominar tsn-884 pure flourite with a 20 x60 straight body.I was hoping some one could tell me a website for best buy new or used. cash is hard to come by so i would like to get the best buy. I belive these two spotting scopes are the best there is just like kirbys 338ax is the best.

we dont handle any used optics but i have lots of new stuff. Leup, Nikon, and Swaro as far as spotting scopes. we dont sell the Kowa but i have gotten a little bit of time behind one at some shooting competitions and they are a good scope. I will say from personal experince that my swaro 20-60x80mm HD is by far the best peice of glass i have ever looked through. you might also check out the Nikon ED Field scope. honestly for the price i am amazed at the quality of its glass and while i think in very low light conditions the swaro will beat it, in normal conditions i see them as pretty much equals.

the luep MK4 spotter is also a real good peice of glass and the mil radian reticle in it can be used for possible down range trophy quality estimation.

steve

AAA+++ on the Kowa i could not be happier with mine for the money it's great. i got mine from Spotting Scopes, Kowa Spotting Scope, Swarovski Spotting Scopes they have some good prices i got the kit that came with tri pod and soft casae tripod bag great tri pod not for packing but for the range it great.
but if you go with something lerch sale you can't find better people to deal with.

new shooter,

By the best quality you can afford, at the best deal. Kowa Prominar are awesome spotters. We are up the road in Kalispell, would be glad to help you select one.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.