Sub $1000 scope suggestions

Another vote for arken if weight isn't a issue.
I've got three and for price range they are hard to beat. Non illuminated have fine crosshairs that could be hard to find in some cases.

I have two Arkens and they are great tactical scopes, I'd definitely consider the illumination models on a hunting rifle with a heavier barrel and weight wasn't a issue.
I put one on a 30-06 sporter weight barreled rifle, and it looks like a dang telescope on that thing, looked desperate and completely out of place. lol

There was post sometime ago that had a listing of a large number of scopes with their basic specs and prices. I couldn't find it, but found the speadsheet very useful when I first looked at it. Wish I could find it.

I currently have a Viper HS-T 6-24 on a 280ai that I use primarily for target/plinking/steel. I don't really like the viper and looking to get something different. I want a zero stop, moa adjustment, exposed elevation and windage can be capped or exposed, doesn't matter, max magnification 15 or more and side focus. I want something in the same price range of the HS-T or up to $1000 max. I have VX-3 HD, NF SHV, Sig Whiskey 5 and 2 Veracity's on other rifles and glass all seems at the same level and want glass that is comparable. The Leupold Mark 3HD I feel would be perfect but aren't MOA. I don't care about weight, I have another 280ai I hunt with and it has the vx3 hd 4.5-14. I like the vx3i LRP but can't find an MOA anywhere, plenty of MIL. Any other suggestions....other than Vortex, i've had several and I just don't like them.
I would try the ARKEN EP5 5-25×56 @ $500.
I have the older EP4 6-24 x56 it has Japanese Glass.It has zero stop.Real crisp exposed turrets.34mm main tube.Best bang for you buck WithThat good glass
Next would tube. ATHLON MIDAS TAC 34MM MAIN TUBE.
I WOULD RECOMMEND PSING A LITTLE MORE AND BUYING TRACT TORIC 34mm Main tube 4.5-30×56.push-pull locking turrets.Its.$1600 but worth every penny or the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30×56
Goodluck in your search

I currently have a Viper HS-T 6-24 on a 280ai that I use primarily for target/plinking/steel. I don't really like the viper and looking to get something different. I want a zero stop, moa adjustment, exposed elevation and windage can be capped or exposed, doesn't matter, max magnification 15 or more and side focus. I want something in the same price range of the HS-T or up to $1000 max. I have VX-3 HD, NF SHV, Sig Whiskey 5 and 2 Veracity's on other rifles and glass all seems at the same level and want glass that is comparable. The Leupold Mark 3HD I feel would be perfect but aren't MOA. I don't care about weight, I have another 280ai I hunt with and it has the vx3 hd 4.5-14. I like the vx3i LRP but can't find an MOA anywhere, plenty of MIL. Any other suggestions....other than Vortex, i've had several and I just don't like them.
You haven't mentioned what you don't like about the Viper. I have 3 PST:s and I believe that they are an excellent scope for the money. Sure like mine, love the reticle.

Tract Optics

Anyone have an opinion of the Zeiss Conquest V4? I picked one up for $700 at Red hawk Rifle 4-16x44.
Serious question as I'm not as versed in LR shooting glass as some of y'all.

Have a look at Arken

Have a look at Arken

Nice reviews