Sub $1000 scope suggestions

I have a VX5-HD 3x15 on my .280AI hunting rifle that I'm very satisfied with. You can often find them in classifieds on this site at great prices.

You haven't mentioned what you don't like about the Viper. I have 3 PST:s and I believe that they are an excellent scope for the money. Sure like mine, love the reticle.
I don't like the shims for zero stop, the eye box was fussy for me, clarity was not great past 20. At 200 yards I can make out bullet holes in a target better with my veracity at 15x than the viper at 20-24x.

I would try the ARKEN EP5 5-25×56 @ $500.
I have the older EP4 6-24 x56 it has Japanese Glass.It has zero stop.Real crisp exposed turrets.34mm main tube.Best bang for you buck WithThat good glass
Next would tube. ATHLON MIDAS TAC 34MM MAIN TUBE.
I WOULD RECOMMEND PSING A LITTLE MORE AND BUYING TRACT TORIC 34mm Main tube 4.5-30×56.push-pull locking turrets.Its.$1600 but worth every penny or the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30×56
Goodluck in your search
Are the new Arken scopes made in Japan? I couldn't find that info on their website.

Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50
Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44
Swarovski V3 4-12x50 BT

All of these are considered premium scopes, available in MOA, have excellent glass and can be found on sale for right at the $1000 mark. Hope that helps!

I was reading on the Arken scopes last week and the impression that I came away with was, the turrets were very nice but the glass left a good bit to be desired. That, plus their large form factor and heavy weight, made me quickly decide they weren't for a hunting rig for me.

I was reading on the Arken scopes last week and the impression that I came away with was, the turrets were very nice but the glass left a good bit to be desired. That, plus their large form factor and heavy weight, made me quickly decide they weren't for a hunting rig for me.
They are not for a hunting rig, for sure. The glass is fine, The turrets are the best! I personally dont like FFP on a hunting scope except maybe for ELR. The reticle is too small on low power??? Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
Well I have a bunch of scopes .some very expensive and some nit as expensive. They all have their place.
On my Kill Anything in North America Rifle.Whetger it's a short shot in Southeast TX or Longer shot in West TX or a trip to the mountains with a lighter weight limit. I have a Leupold 6.5-20×40mm SFP on a Browning White Gold Medallion 7mm Remington Magnum. It's not a new scope but it's been thru the mill and kilked it's fill

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-235337_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-235337_Gallery.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20220205-235332_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-235332_Gallery.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 50