Stretched it out a little.

BrodynIdaho

Alright guys, so I have been one of those lurkers the last last few months ever since I traded off an AR I built for a Remington Sendero 7 STW. I am a bowhunter at heart but my neighbour has a couple of long range guns and I have always been intrigued.
So I picked up the rifle, slapped a slightly used Nightforce 5.5-22x56 on it with a direct mount, purchased the shooter app for my iPhone, added a cheek piece and dialed it in at 200 yards with factory Nosler 160 AB's.
By the way, the gun had been glass bedded and trigger dropped down to 2lbs.
I went bear hunting Saturday and after some time without any luck my buddy and I wanted to start shooting. First shot across a drainage at 535 yards I was pegging rocks about 5 inches in diameter. Then I took it out as far as I could to 675 in the same drainage. Talk about fun as hell! On the second shot with a minor adjustment for wind I was drilling another rock that couldn't have been more than 6". Needless to say, we had a great afternoon letting some lead fly.
I have another 50 or so rounds of the Nosler factory ammo to shoot up for my stockpile of brass before I start loading some 180 Berger VLD's. I am hoping for some good luck with those but it's a relief to know I can always go back to the factory stuff if needed.
Thank you to all of those who have replied to my PM's recently. You know who you are. It is greatly appreciated.

Great!

Just remember to not get to having too much fun where you're shooting it hot.

Let it cool down between shots and that barrel will last you a very long time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.