birddog67

Starting out with :
Defiance long action left hand (7 month wait ) with 20 MOA rail
Stock not sure yet ?
26 barrel with brake ( not sure of maker ) Sendaro contour
Jewel trigger
Box fed

Glass Night force

Will take suggestions on barrel and stock ?also what twist barrel you would choose ?

Looking to shoot 175 bullets

Let me know what you all think .

gun)

Mike Rock 5R 26" 1:9 twist sendero contour stainless with a Vais stainless radial muzzle brake turned down to match barrel.

Stock, find an old HS Precision Sendero LA stock.

That's what I would do...

I would loose the brake in that chamber. I'd take recoil over blast in this case. Brux or krieger for me. Especially with wait time for action. Handled a couple manners. Like them. But any a5 a3 type custom stock would serve you well. Just what you like. Leftie here too. All rifles seem to be semi custom for us

Also. Posting here so long range? Especially with bullet choice. Sendero or sim. Shooting for 11 pounds all in. Just a thought. I slinged a similar rifle all fall. The aics mags are heck to sling. Working on a blind mag stock just for that reason

All the really great barrel makers are backed up. I just got word from my gunsmith that Krieger has shipped my 338 barrel. Ir was ordered mid November of 2012. That's a ten month wait. Whether it is Krieger, Hart, Brux, Broughton, Rock Creek, Lilja, Bartlein, etc. - they are way backed up right now. Had I known then what I know now, I would have paid a premium and gotten one six months ago from a retailer, just to keep my build moving forward.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.