Stainless Steel

Alaska2006

Not sure of my brass has simply worn out or if the use of stainless steel pins for tumbling media washed out the primer pockets?

I always remover primers and re-size before polishing my brass. I've just switched from a vibratory polisher and walnut shell media to a tumbler and stainless steel pins.

My Norma brass has (guessing) 5-6 reloads on it. I tumbled about 30 cases and non will hold a primer. Not to concerned about just junking them as I've gotten several reloads out of this brass. Just want to make sure I don't have the same issue with once fired brass after tumbling.

300 WM and yes pushing the max load window.

Not sure of my brass has simply worn out or if the use of stainless steel pins for tumbling media washed out the primer pockets?

I always remover primers and re-size before polishing my brass. I've just switched from a vibratory polisher and walnut shell media to a tumbler and stainless steel pins.

My Norma brass has (guessing) 5-6 reloads on it. I tumbled about 30 cases and non will hold a primer. Not to concerned about just junking them as I've gotten several reloads out of this brass. Just want to make sure I don't have the same issue with once fired brass after tumbling.

300 WM and yes pushing the max load window.

I would think that with 5 or 6 reloads at or near Max would be your problem with primer pockets.

Stainless Tumbling media should not increase the primer pocket size because it does not have abrasives like the polishing media in vibratory systems and they will not abrade brass for many polishing's.

J E CUSTOM

I would think that with 5 or 6 reloads at or near Max would be your problem with primer pockets.

Stainless Tumbling media should not increase the primer pocket size because it does not have abrasives like the polishing media in vibratory systems and they will not abrade brass for many polishing's.

J E CUSTOM

2006, I've used my ss pin wet tumbler on a batch of Norma/WBY .270Wby brass for 5 reloads. No primer pocket problem yet. Best cleaning process I have ever used. My most accurate loads are a couple gr under max.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.