A Question For Everyone Using Stainless Steel Cleaning Media

CA48

I have been using this for around 2 years, and have been sizing my brass before putting it in the tumbler, do you feel that this causes a loss of accuracy potential. I have also tried sizing after tumbling. I cant tell much of a difference if any in accuracy. I like sizing before going to the tumbler because when tumbling it cleans off the sizing wax. I figured most people size after cleaning just in case the necks get bumped or dented while cleaning. Here lately just to make myself feel better and not taking a chance of losing any accuracy I have been sizing after cleaning. My question is what is the easiest way to clean off the sizing wax. I have been cleaning it off the best i can with a paper towel, but there is still some residue. What is yals cleaning procedure with the S.S. media? Does anyone out there have a better method of cleaning of the sizing wax?

Thanks, Chase

I have been using this for around 2 years, and have been sizing my brass before putting it in the tumbler, do you feel that this causes a loss of accuracy potential. I have also tried sizing after tumbling. I cant tell much of a difference if any in accuracy. I like sizing before going to the tumbler because when tumbling it cleans off the sizing wax. I figured most people size after cleaning just in case the necks get bumped or dented while cleaning. Here lately just to make myself feel better and not taking a chance of losing any accuracy I have been sizing after cleaning. My question is what is the easiest way to clean off the sizing wax. I have been cleaning it off the best i can with a paper towel, but there is still some residue. What is yals cleaning procedure with the S.S. media? Does anyone out there have a better method of cleaning of the sizing wax?

Thanks, Chase
i just use an old dish towel and it gets all of the wax off.

I anneal after cleaning and then prep brass.

I use very little imperial wax on my fingers as I handle the brass which is just enough.

Then a slight wipe to make sure there is no excessive wax left on the case.

Thanks for the input, guess I was just over complicating the issue.

Tumbling after sizing kind of defeats the purpose of running clean brass through the dies saving wear and tear. I soke in alcohol to remove wax dries quick.

Tumbling after sizing kind of defeats the purpose of running clean brass through the dies saving wear and tear. I soke in alcohol to remove wax dries quick.

Point taken, I will have to give alcohol a try next time.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.