Pros and Cons of stainless media cleaning

For non 50 BMG cases My RCBS Ultrasonic cleaner used in conjunction with the dry media tumbler cleans everything to a mirror finish to include primer pockets and inside of cases.

My Frankford arsenal stainless steel tumbler cleans everything ok but it is a pain to clean up and separate after tumbling.

None of the three items will clean 50 BMG pockets perfectly (at least for me)

I have noticed that the stainless steel tumbler will alter the dimensions of the mouth of the 50 BMG cases to an extent that I have to run the expander ball through them after tumbling.

When I was ultrasonic cleaning I added a little Lemishine and Simple Green to the Hornady stuff and ran it with the heat(harbor freight model has heat option) and the primer pockets would come out clean. I rarely use ultrasonic on my brass anymore as the necks are too clean for my liking.

I found myself washing brass before I could run them through the media polisher (was tiered of poking the media out of flashholes too) anyway so if I gotta dryem they may as well be getting polished by the pins.
The pins I have really like to get crossway in the 25-06 necks but do a good job of cleaning except.
The Lemshine can turn the brass to copper (color?) if you add too much and it doesn't seam to like stainless primers or nickel brass. Just takes a little deprimeing and sorting to cure the problem

I switched to a Franklin SS tumbler system six months ago because I was spending soooo much time cleaning primer pockets before.

It's a little messy the first few times until you get your system down but it works great and I'll never go back to vibratory cleaning.

~Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.