Sst question

rimfiresniper

I have a 65 creedmoor I bought last year. Went with the amaxes during deer season but changed to sst for hog control. They shot so good I'm going to use them on deer this year. On one of the places I hunt in south west texas have all types of exotics including auodad. I'm wondering if the sst would too soft for shoulder shots on them. I shot 65+ pigs this year and 30 being with the creedmoor. I never had an exit on anything over 150 lbs. on shoulder shots. So that's where my doubts stem from.

I shoot 140gr SSTs out of my 260 rem and love the results. They know how to kill, but they are soft. Close shots can be ugly. If your really worried about them, switch to the Interbond or get some Accubonds. I've shot a lot of things with the SST, but nothing bigger than a deer. I'm actually planning on taking my 260 to texas this year to shoot some pigs. Was planning on using the 140gr SST. Will they do a good job on a hog?

They do great on pigs. Go to youtube search lonestarhogdoggers that's my channel I have a lot of nv videos of shooting pigs with creedmoor and amax.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.