SSG long range hunter in 300RUM

tjonh2001

Both of those rifles are great looking rigs. The 300 RUM is virtually identical to a build I've been thinking about.

Does the 9 lbs of the 300 RUM include all the items listed below? Also, those ABS barrels are interesting and I was wondering how you like it and if the weight difference in the two rifles is mainly due to the ABS barrel?

trued 700
oversized handle
abs carbon barrel 26 inch
nathans titanium break
mcmillan htg stock
nxs 5.5x22x50 npr1
nightforce light rings
seekings base over sized screws
defensive edge cosine level
timmney trigger
harris swivel bipod with podlock
eagle stock pack

Thanks,
JB99

yes this rifle weights right around 9 without bipod as for this rifle it is the most accurate rifle that i have owned. i was shooting with the builder the other day and he was able to see it shoot 1/4moa and i went shooting the other day and shot these groups. i should sell this rifle or i might need another barrel soon.

these are 600 yard groupssecond pictures shows another group lost bullets to the wind but elevation was around an inch
IMG00067-20090904-10541.jpg

IMG00068-20090904-10541.jpg

these were the same day but at a 1000 yards

IMG00069-20090904-11121.jpg

IMG00072-20090904-11231.jpg

Last edited:
Toby are you going to smack a few does on friday with it. Oct2-oct9 early herd reduction in the south west units.

Brent

Toby are you going to smack a few does on friday with it. Oct2-oct9 early herd reduction in the south west units.

Brent

i wish i could but i have other commitments. my brother drew a once in a life time big horn tag so im helping him scout this weekend i will also be testing the rum out to 1500. next weekend i will be shooting a match down south. besides i only have 9 deer tag this year and since i will be hunting for 16 days that only leaves me roughly 1 every other day.

Sweet looking rig I'll bet it's on the light side, nice up close pic of the carbon barrel and break. Enjoy:)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.