7WSM by SSG

308 nate

Here are a few pix and specs of a customers rifle I just finished. Which he asked me to post.
7WSM on a Winchester CRF long action.
Broughton 5C 1:9 twist, 26" finish, chambered in 7WSM with 200 freebore. fluted and flutes coated in matte black by SSG
by SSG McMillan A3 grey with black webbing by SSG.
versa pod stud
Mag box
block to fit the WSM with 168 Berger's.

Levi1.jpg

levi2.jpg

levi4.jpg

levi6.jpg

Looks great. How on earth do you get the black barrel flutes coated with such perfect edges? :)

Great rifle. I really like the black flute effect.

I notice this rifle is a 1:9 twist and your 7mmWSM, "Long Range Shooting System by SSG pic & vid" has a 1:8.6 twist. I under stand increasing the twist rate to 1:8.6 to stablize the 166 and 180 VLDs.

What is the lowest weight bullet that can be stabilized with the 1:8.6 twist rate?

Thanks.

Mike

SWEET!!! That is one sharp lookin unit! What does it weigh without scope? Wish I had the funds to have you make a second one just like it in tan:cool:
Just one thought though, the Versa-pod has a nasty rep of falling off the hood of a truck and takeing the gun with it. Maybe they have fixed it but here is what I did to keep mine from doing it AGAIN! My other thought was to thread the end of the pin and put a nut on it? That and it is being punished by only being used on the rimfires:rolleyes:

versapodsetscrew.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.