SSG long range hunter in 300RUM

tjonh2001

as usual 308nate and his wife liz built me another work of art. nathan was able to build my new long range hunter. this is a sweet rig, should make hiking a dream but still be able to hammer way out there. broke the barrel in today and going to try to get a load in the morning. running 210 bergers and retumbo any loads would be great.

trued 700
oversized handle
abs carbon barrel 26 inch
nathans titanium break
mcmillan htg stock
nxs 5.5x22x50 npr1
nightforce light rings
seekings base over sized screws
defensive edge cosine level
timmney trigger
harris swivel bipod with podlock
eagle stock pack

HEY!!!! Toby that look just like a gun I just bought over in the "for sale" section......here are som pix:D

tobys1.jpg

tobys2.jpg

tobys3.jpg

Pp
Its a good thing u are on now. I must be tired. I posted this in guns for sale by mistake then i move it here and forget to post pics. Thabks for the help

Very nice rig.

I hope to see an example of Nate's workmanship soon myself.
What does your rig weigh with the carbon barrel, and how is the recoil in the 300 RUM ?

trueblue

i went shooting this morning. i took my 300rum and my 7mmwsm both built by nate. there was a noticable difference between them. the 7mm is around 14.5 pounds and the 300 in 9 pounds. i shot 20 rounds form the rum and 40 from the 7mm i can barely feel it.

here are a couple pictures form this morning
300shooting001.jpg

300shooting002.jpg

first group during load development at 600 yards for the 300 rum
300shooting003.jpg

this is the group that my 7mm did at 600 yards
300shooting005.jpg

What kind of steel is your target made of? Those are some deep dings. Hope you don't hit the same spot again. You might punch threw it.

What kind of steel is your target made of? Those are some deep dings. Hope you don't hit the same spot again. You might punch threw it.

i was at our local range the 300rum was on the ram i think that that is ar500 and the 7mm was shooting some soft steel plates that where laying in the grass. those 180 bergers have alot of energy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts