spotting scope eye piece,angled or straight

While I think the straight scope is more intuitive when spotting, I feel the angled is more versatile. I use and angled scope, and I can set it up on the bench next to me and adjust the eyepiece to where I can use it without getting up from the bench. I also will set my spotter up next to me while sitting and glassing with my bino`s, then can I can switch to the spotter without much trouble if I need a better look at an animal. My neck doesn`t seem to get as tired either. I own both but prefer the angled. my .02

So after commenting yesterday on how I was leaning towards a angled scope better then straight I had a friend come over and shoot at my range and I was spotting for him and I was surprised as to how hard it was for me to find the targets he was shooting at with the angled spotter. I just received in the mail last night a straight (leupold 12X40 MOA reticle spotting scope) that I was hoping to use today at a competition but I had things come up and I'm not going to be able to make it. So with a little more time maybe I'll have a better opinion, that is if I have a option at all!!

I have an angled however I use that one for prone shooting at the range. For hunting I'd rather have a straight one.

angled more of a relaxed position for me. i don't really bend my neck to look through the scope either. just depends on how you set up the scope I guess, I stand and sit .

Straight, that way you can put two together in a bracket and have binos!
These guys laugh but I guess they haven't seen the big-eyes setups.
45E0C88A-2F00-419E-8B32-476D972A5798.jpeg

Mine is straight but what do you hunters use and why?
Have both. I prefer straight when in spotter role glassing downrange at targets/steel. Angled for spotting own impacts from prone position, and glassing terrain at higher elevations than your position. Often use digiscope/phone/tablet or WIFI ocular transmitter ala Long Shot Hawk unit. Works well with either angled or straight.

Thanks to everyone.I have a straight but was spotting for a friend several years ago looking for a full curl ram before the season.
He had an angled spotter and I felt that if I was spotting most of the day I would prefer angled but like some have said that when you take your head away from the lens it's hard to find the animal you spent 20 minutes looking at.
I may end up getting an angled spotter to compliment the straight spotter but after 8 back surgeries I'm not sure I could handle that much weight.Oh well,thanks to all

Last edited: