South Carolina piggies

B1787B5E-BADF-4B05-BFB2-561CD4BAC10D.jpeg
Lol I am a stick and string type I don't like guns!

Public land may be restricted to what ever is in season weapons....big guns might be limited to deer season...same thing in GA on Public Land. Might be good to find private land to build a tower on :)

Good Luck!

When I visit I shoot ton of yotes with 285 eldm 338 lapua lol

Are you sure that's enough gun for yotes?

:cool:

You're a man of my own heart. Mine is the RPR. I'd only step down in caliber if the pelts were prime.

When you were in the area, where did you take that out to let it stretch it's legs? I ask because I'm just over in Pickens County and drive 90 minutes to get 400 yards.

I've got a cousin that has a house in Greenwood and works in Georgia. Is there any where near there to hunt wild bacon?

Might be a fun way to try my 300 before deer season.

There is a posting on Armslist/SC for guided hunts for $200/day. Before you balk at paying, consider that the operator has plenty of time into scouting and has a vested interest in getting you into hogs. I used to pay $40/day for deep sea fishing and never came home with less than $60-80 worth of Grade A fresh ocean fish. Cod if they were running, whitefish if they weren't.

View attachment 138861
We're covered up with 300 pounders up here in Walhalla near Hwy 11

Dr Mac, that is a fantastic picture! I live where we have to consider non hunters feelings when we share photos and that is a great example. I am sure calibers and group sizes just turned to shaking hands and thumping hearts with that picture too.

Are you sure that's enough gun for yotes?

:cool:

You're a man of my own heart. Mine is the RPR. I'd only step down in caliber if the pelts were prime.

When you were in the area, where did you take that out to let it stretch it's legs? I ask because I'm just over in Pickens County and drive 90 minutes to get 400 yards.

There is a posting on Armslist/SC for guided hunts for $200/day. Before you balk at paying, consider that the operator has plenty of time into scouting and has a vested interest in getting you into hogs. I used to pay $40/day for deep sea fishing and never came home with less than $60-80 worth of Grade A fresh ocean fish. Cod if they were running, whitefish if they weren't.
I never got into LR shooting when I lived there. No need to really unless u hunted power lines. I didn't get into LR stuff until I moved to NM about 12 years ago. So the battle u are facing will be one I have to deal with also when I move back in 2 years or so.

I'd say the best bet would be in edgefield/Aiken area. Not too terribly far from there. Lots of farms and the pigs have made it known that they don't mind the cold up there.
COLD...THE COLD....in SC OR GEORGIA? LMAO. Come to Alberta my friend during hunting season. Deer season opens Province Wide Nov 01.....if you want to wear shorts you can....under your sweat, pants that are under your insulated coveralls that are under your Parka and tucked into your Minus 40 (min) rated boots! Lmao

I never got into LR shooting when I lived there. No need to really unless u hunted power lines. I didn't get into LR stuff until I moved to NM about 12 years ago. So the battle u are facing will be one I have to deal with also when I move back in 2 years or so.
We have a good bit of land in Jonesville. Three stocked up farm ponds, it's pretty nice. Been stocked for years and no one fishes them. My dad puts 40-50 lb blues from Par Shoals in the last one so it has some giant cats. The other two have some giant bass, it's a little gold mine. However the deer hunting is rough, it's pretty much knife range! I got a lot of bush hogging to do when I move back. There is a ton of deer on the property and I ain't even there yet to corn them yet lol!

I hunt on a 4,800 acre farm on the Savannah River Just south of Augusta. Over the years I have probably killed 50 hogs, all under 100 yards. The only way to get pigs in an open field is to bait them, so yo just as well bait them at 50 yards. I mostly kill my pigs during deer season, It's just hot to shoot them in the summer and the deer flies will eat you up.

I have several friends around Akin they don't have any hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.